X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I check?

Hi all,

I am considering buying a Vectra VXR probably around the 2006 mark. Is there anything in particular I should be aware of before buying one? any known faults? recalls? etc? Are the 2.8 engines bullet proof? What should I be expecting to pay for a nice example with low mileage?

Many Thanks.
    Last edited by dcjg70; 21 July 2011, 12:21 AM.

Handbrake recall
    Header tank recall
    Check for cracks on the wheels
    Take it for a run and make sure there are no noises
    Anything up to around £8000
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-bandit View Post
      Handbrake recall
      Header tank recall
      Check for cracks on the wheels
      Take it for a run and make sure there are no noises
      Anything up to around £8000
      ^ +1

Comment

Spark plugs are due for renewal at its 4th service, which assuming the car has average mileage, will have been recently.

Ensure that it had its 4th service at vauxhall, otherwise found out where it was serviced and make enquiries as to what was changed. Too many independants will just do an oil + filter change and not follow the vauxhall schedule which requires the plugs + brake fluid to be changed as well at the 4th service.

Also watch out for the revised model. Theres a 255bhp model, and a 276bhp model with revised intake. The 276bhp model is usually on 56 plate and beyond cars, and is denoted by the plaque inside the drivers door. If its the 276bhp (280 PS) model it will say Power : 203 (approx can't remember the exact value) kw

Lots of members on here had there ignition coil packs go around the 4 year mark as well. Give it the beans from low down in the rev range and take it to the limiter. Make sure it pulls nice and cleanly with no juddering or hesitation. Turbo kicks in around 2000rpm and starts to die off around 5500rpm, thats where the power band is.

Standard Equipment was :

Automatic Air Conditionning
        Half Leather Seats
        Xenons
        6CD Changer + DAB radio
        18 " Snowflakes

Optional Extras:
        Full Leather Heated Seats
        Bluetooth Integration
        Colour Screen w/ Nav
        Dual Zone Climate Control (denoted by having two little dials with a blue and red dot above them in place of fan controls)
        19s
        AFL (Headlights that turn with the steering wheel)

Auto Lights and Auto wipers became Standard around 07 plate. You can tell if it has auto lights as it will have an extra setting on the light controls for the auto setting.

Automatic Air Conditioning Model :

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2867327.htm

Full Leather :

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2862705.htm
        Last edited by MrLOL; 22 July 2011, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X