This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remap

Had remap on my 09 veccy at tms currently at 300bhp but torque curve on print out flattens out too early have to have it sorted as its not right. also tms are soon to produce a new exhaust through janspeed (waiting for mine to be supplied)as they do not deal with milltek any more,im told should give around 20 horses more.anyone had one fitted yet would love to know how it sounds,?.

Your brave dealing with them with that name lol
    sigpic

Comment

why what have you heard or know abbuot tms(thorney motorsport)?

Comment

pmsl, lets just say myself and john thorne dont get on too well
        sigpic

Comment

I'm considering going tms next month for a remap. Should I go elsewhere would go to courtenay but £200 more compared to tms.
          VX History: MK3 Astra Sport, MK4 Astra 2.2 SRI, MK4 ASTRA GSI, VECTRA VXR, Astra GTC (oil burner)

Comment

Please don't take me wrong here, I was merely having a bit of light hearted banter about the name lol, I wouldn't not recommend any tuner
            sigpic

Comment

Two bandits now FFs one was bad enough pmsl
              sigpic

Comment

I heard Thorney is I'm courts tuned and highly recommend them

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

MAPPED BY COURTENAY SPORTS 330 BHP & 400 LBFT

Comment

Originally posted by royboyvxr View Post
                  I heard Thorney is I'm courts tuned and highly recommend them
                  Pmsl I like your style Roy. Say what you see mate ;-)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tin545 View Post
                    Pmsl I like your style Roy. Say what you see mate ;-)
                    Honesty best policy lol

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

Comment

Originally posted by royboyvxr View Post
                      Honesty best policy lol
                      It sure is mate. Lots of people put on their Internet googles when posting lol
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm with Stew wouldn't not recommend a tuner when I joined the forum TMS was the one to go with and everyone recommended them especially as they were developing a stage 3ish (but we'll not dwell on that). Mpg also have a good rep and own one of the most powerful Vecs around ,and not forgetting Regal with the eds software also proven.

Currently Courts are getting a lot of recommendations from here probably because like TMS were they are doing development work and its nice that the car has someone taking an interest in it.

But really when it comes to stage 1 no matter whether its a generic or live map they are all about the same. So really it comes down to cost and the distance your willing to travel.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrossco View Post
                          I'm with Stew wouldn't not recommend a tuner when I joined the forum TMS was the one to go with and everyone recommended them especially as they were developing a stage 3ish (but we'll not dwell on that). Mpg also have a good rep and own one of the most powerful Vecs around ,and not forgetting Regal with the eds software also proven.

Currently Courts are getting a lot of recommendations from here probably because like TMS were they are doing development work and its nice that the car has someone taking an interest in it.

But really when it comes to stage 1 no matter whether its a generic or live map they are all about the same. So really it comes down to cost and the distance your willing to travel.
                          I'd like to emphasise that you should definitely stick to one of the above-mentioned tuners, as they're all VXR-savvy, whereas your run-of-the-mill 'performance tuner' isn't...

Learned that lesson the hard way, but since switching to Regal, I've sworn by them.
                          sigpic
                          Regal Stage 1 Vec 300+bhp
                          "I got a shotgun, rifle and a 4-wheel drive, and a country boy can survive"

Comment

I use Courtenay Sport and although I cant fault them for quality they are bloody miles away from me.

I dont doubt their after sales service either... but try getting the car to them in a hurry is not viable.

Would I use Courtenay Sport again... definately yes. Its worth it and the car runs great with their Stage II setup @ 330 BHP

I would recommend Courtenay Sport
                            spoons
                            Stig.. I am your father
                            Last edited by spoons; 27 July 2011, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by spoons View Post
                              I use Courtenay Sport and although I cant fault them for quality they are bloody miles away from me.

I dont doubt their after sales service either... but try getting the car to them in a hurry is not viable.

Would I use Courtenay Sport again... definately yes. Its worth it and the car runs great with their Stage II setup @ 330 BHP

I would recommend Courtenay Sport
                              Exactly what he said

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

Comment

Working...
                              X