• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions

Hi Everyone

I am new to the board, been lurking a while tough

I've had the Vectra Vxr for 3 months and I have a few questions to ask

Is it normal for the car to kangaroo when setting off, my dealer says all performnce cars do this. (History Cavalier gsi, Cavalier Turbo, Vectra V6 2.5) never had the problem before

Is it normal for the gearchange to be difficult. I have to slow the car to nearly zero mph to go from 1st to 2nd, every other gear change as a slight crunch more so going up the box, my dealer says this is normal.
    (never had the problem in the previous 3 Vauxhalls)

Is it normal for the exhaust outlets to be black and sooty, my dealer says it is.

When I first got the car I could definitley feel the torqe steer, after being to the dealers re the kangaroo problem, it no longer does this, It feels like it's lost some power and I want it back, my dealer says there is noting wrong.

VXR 06 is
    Black
    19s
    CD70
    AFL

Regards

Tsed

Is it normal for the car to kangaroo when setting off, my dealer says all performnce cars do this. (History Cavalier gsi, Cavalier Turbo, Vectra V6 2.5) never had the problem before

------No, never had that on either the Vectra VXR;s

Is it normal for the gearchange to be difficult. I have to slow the car to nearly zero mph to go from 1st to 2nd, every other gear change as a slight crunch more so going up the box, my dealer says this is normal.
    (never had the problem in the previous 3 Vauxhalls)

----------F40 gearboxes are very stiff but lossen as time goes on. However they should not crunch. They do feel a little like you feel the cogs engaging. Change the box slowly when cold but after the box is warm it should not really be a problem. The F40 is delcared as being able to take large volumes of torque and this is why they are heavy in operation.

Is it normal for the exhaust outlets to be black and sooty, my dealer says it is.

----------- Yes they are usually this colour.

PM also sent

Comment

Got one in for development work at the moment, have to say that no issues with marcupials at all.

Comment

Yes, mine does the kangaroo a little on start off from cold, i use 2nd as my first gear until it's a little warm then it's fine.

Regards

Daz

Comment

First 3 mins or so from cold, and for me the engine does feel a little jerky.
          After that, no problems.

Gear changes are a little stiff, but nothing out of the ordinary. I'm sure it will loosen up over time.
          DAP Springs, EDS Precat decat, TD 1.2, Quaife diff, mapped, RSS Lightweight Clutch - Job done!

Comment

I had a problem like this for a while - got worse and worse and more and more like a kangaroo. Used plenty of revs and slipped the clutch but not good practice! Eventually took it to Underwoods in Colchester and they found an air leak on the large pipe running from the air intake to the turbo. Much better after that..

But Vauxhall are sending an engineer to my local dealer on Monday to change the engine control unit and fuel management system. I'll let you know if the kangaroo has finally emigrated then!!!
            stephen

Comment

Originally posted by stephen
              I'll let you know if the kangaroo has finally emigrated then!!!
              to be here in the first place means it had already emigrated and gone through British customes!

you could always deport it, but no convict jokes ok

Comment

Working...
              X