This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 280 ps alternate

I know we are all waitng to see if Vxl upgrades us to 280 ps but has anyone already done it. I have seen the maps and it is obvious the engine is torque limited, but even the first companies to remap were only offering 285 so they are going to have to think again for 2007 models.
    Is the handling/understeer any worse with 280+, is there an lsd option yet.
    Any other good engine modes available now?

I have just heard from the mothership that 280ish should be available to us but as a remap and airbox modification, and a cost will be available soon.

The 2007 engine has some different internal components, think cam gears etc. so it won't be 2007 sepc as such but the same power output.

As for the suspension...apparently it envolves new struts etc....but Vxl are looking into whether or not to offer it retrofit option along with an suspension ecu remap.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the update on what Vxl is doing, but has anyone upped the bhp to 280+ independently and how?

Comment

I believe the VXPC (88 have a Vectra running around 292bhp on trial...try giving them a ring and see if it's available. This car has been remapped.
        sigpic

Comment

Re: 280 ps alternate

Originally posted by dave_taiho
          I know we are all waitng to see if Vxl upgrades us to 280 ps but has anyone already done it. I have seen the maps and it is obvious the engine is torque limited, but even the first companies to remap were only offering 285 so they are going to have to think again for 2007 models.
          Is the handling/understeer any worse with 280+, is there an lsd option yet.
          Any other good engine modes available now?
          Who where the tuners offering the 285 maps? or have I missed the point.

I'm not being rude here but unless you are on the race circuit I can't see why understeer is such a problem. If its all based on TG then I think this should be ignored. Look how EVO raved over the car.

Although my drive of the re-map car was limited it gave no impression of having any bad habits, well apart from pushing you back in your seat from 4200rpm to the red line!!!

Comment

We've been working on the Vectra for a while now and I'm a little wary of the 290bhp claims thus far, in all honesty I'd like the handling improved before I whacked more power through it, they can seem a little 'wallowy'? I'm trying a another car this week to compare to see if its not something we can fix on this particular car. There's certainly potential for 300bhp+ for the engine as its lovely but there a lot of changes under the skin in model changes inclusing ECU configuration so its not like comparing like for like.

Comment

Sorry confused, you have been working on the car for a while now, but want to improve the handling before pushing more power. Soooooo have you got more power or not and ( if so what where your figures), or have you concentrated soley on handling.

Why do you doubt the 292?, if the VXRpc get it surely thats a reasonable tuner to expect an honest answer from and no reason why they lie to "In a State".

Comment

As I said I believe it's around 292....from a reliable source ;>
                sigpic

Comment

The offical figures from Vauxhall will be 280PS due at the Paris show. However, I understand that 285 is being seen frequently so all good news. The 292bhp has been developed and it is supposed to be a right animal. (Watch out Astra boys, we're on your tail, well on the circuits anyway). I have seen the paper graphs and it is very clear the engine is capped at 280ps developing the power at 5300rpm also the 2007 will also have 355nm from 2000rpm to 5300rpm. The exhaust system has also been changed in certain areas.

But ,if you want to go over 300bhp ,yep you guessed it you will require an upgrade to the turbo (There's only so much the the standard unit can push).

Now digging deep into the rumour mill it may be that in conjuntion with tuners we may actaully see a 300kpm (186mph) Vectra VXR......!!!!!, but its only a rumour.

Comment

2007 sounds to be quite a comprehensive upgrade all round. I wonder what the reasons are for that. I think we all know that my favourite VXR was the Vectra and I felt it to be very complete with no need to amend the suspension etc.

Comment

Thorney wrote
                      We've been working on the Vectra for a while now and I'm a little wary of the 290bhp claims thus far, in all honesty I'd like the handling improved before I whacked more power through it, they can seem a little 'wallowy'? I'm trying a another car this week to compare to see if its not something we can fix on this particular car. There's certainly potential for 300bhp+ for the engine as its lovely but there a lot of changes under the skin in model changes inclusing ECU configuration so its not like comparing like for like.
                      Its good to see someone else is trying to upgrade the car without waiting for Vxls offer, keep me updated. I still feel an lsd would be an interesting option I'd like to try.

I know that even if Vxl do offer a 280ps remap some will want more to try and surprise the scoobies and evos and of course other VXRs especially 2007 ones.

But it would be interesting to see the exact differences 2006 vs 2007 in print so we all know what we are really missing and is it really worth crying about.

Comment

Agreed good to see tuners doing work. But do remember those tuners who do a remap for Vectra will not have a 280 bhhp version endurability tested. So by having the VXL version you know it has been tested for all the parameters to meet the factory standards for use. I agree above that all tuners will be in the same state, but I would rather start with 280bhp tested.

Comment

I would like to see what this can acheive....seen a while ago but now available with the PPC module....but at 900 euros might be a bit pricey....but look at that Torque figure!!

http://www.bsrab.se/products/n3137/t906/
                          sigpic

Comment

Interesting and Swedish what more can I say.

From what I've seen 285ps should be available just by removing torque limits.

Comment

Ok
                              Yes VXRPC do have a remap already available, It is what we have achieved so far with the standared Turbo.

This Remap applys to all 2.8v6 turbo Engines not just VXR.

We have 4 variations to work with and all work through the sports switch.

Its Here ready for anyone who wants it.

High torque Version so fantastic and is currently on 12000km of durability testing with no issues,

I will try and get a graph up but at the moment the best the software engineers have seen so far are;

540nm [email protected]
                              300ps @5480 rpm

Car is totally different to drive and not really an Animal.

It does do what it says on the Tin too,so that rules out the doubters!!

VXRPC have a remap , the car will handle the power, it just needs a different approach to driving, I dont think the Police would be using them if it didnt hold on to the road without some degree of ability!!

Comment

Working...
                              X