This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vectra - Which tyres?

Ok I'm about to run out of tread on the front and looking at replacing the fronts with the same Conti's CS2's as they have been ok wet and dry...

...but what are my alternatives?

Goodyear F1's - liked them on my old Gsi.
    Michy Pilot Sports - never used them what are they like?
    Toyo Proxies - Wear quickly i believe but cheaper.

Any others I should consider?

I begrudge paying more than about £160 ish a tyre...Conti's I have been quoted £160 each plus delivery.
    sigpic

Just about to buy Michelin Pilot Sport 2's about £165+ Vat , although a mate of mine said some company will supply at £156+Vat
    2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

I would would go for the Toyo over the michelin but thats personal. Toyo give all round excellent grip similar to the Yoko AVS sport but not as hard.

My opinion.

How manay miles have the tyres lasted?

Comment

I'm sitting at about 8.5k with around 2-3mm left so I'm guessing about 9k - 9.5k before I change.

I do around 20k a year so looking for a good comprimise of grip and wear.

I also have a lot of roundabouts locally as well as a new job and an 80 miles commute 18 days a month.
        sigpic

Comment

Strange ... 20k .. but the fronts are down on the rib bit .. the rears about 4mm .. but they did spend a few months on the front .. if you see what I mean.

Comment

I haven't swapped them as I perfer to run them right down on the front then swap and put the new tyres on the rear.

Also means 2 tyres at once rather than 4.

BTW checked the pressures the other night using the compressor in the boot and what a cracking little pump...work fantastic, only wish it had a digital scale in psi!!
            sigpic

Comment

Michelin Pilot Sport 2's. I fitted them to the Astra and it was the best £400 spent.

Comment

Wow, and you only get 10k from yours .. your tyre man must be you best friend :wink:

Comment

I usually order from Micheldiver in Hampshire (some of my old stomping grounds) they are usually well priced and the service is next day but I've found another cheaper source through a friend.

As for only 10K well as I said we have a lot of roundabouts, complete with showergrip locally, plus I'm still trying to prove that it doesn't understeer!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Try Blackcircles.com.

Put in your tyre size etc (no need to log in) enter your postcode and it will return a list of suppliers local to you who can supply you with that tyre at some great prices.

I printed off my quote and took it to my local ATS tyre place and they matched it or even slightly bettered it.

Linky http://www.blackcircles.com/

Comment

"mytyres.co.uk" are worth a look too.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyuk911
                        Wow, and you only get 10k from yours .. your tyre man must be you best friend :wink:
                        No damaged in an accident. So they had to be replaced.

Comment

Did you not post this ? ..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
                          12K is good, I am at 8.3K with the Vectra and don't have a hope in hell of reaching 10K.

Why don't you look at a different brand. Michelin (expensive I know) or I Toyos.

Comment

Past experience has shown that the Toyo's will only last up to 9K but for me the added all round performance out wieghs the replacement time. Agree though if you are doing loads of miles then you need a good wearing tyre. Michelins should be very good for that .

Comment

Working...
                            X