X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXRacing Vectra 6-Pot 362mm Brake Kit

VXRacing Vectra 6-Pot 362mm Brake Kit

Before the rumour get out and the car gets spotted we thought we would give you a preview of what we
    are currently working on in-conjunction with VXRPerformance Centre and AP Racing.
    Note the pictures shown are of the first pre-production kit so there will be some slight modifications
    to the final product. The final kit will be a big brother of the Astra VXRacing kit with the VXRacing
    logo and colours available in Blue or Red.
    Continuing the BTCC link to the VXR road cars the Vectra VXRacing 6-pot kit uses the same body
    castings as the current APRacing TOCA Touring Brake Kits.

Below is some interesting comparisons to the standard VXR.
    Weight:
    Component weight comparisons.
    Caliper & pads, VXRacing = 5.10Kg v's VXR Standard = 7.95Kg
    Disc& bell, VXRacing = 8.75Kg v's VXR Standard = 12.10Kg
    Corner weight, VXRacing = 13.85Kg v's VXR Standard = 20.50Kg
    Yes, that is a 6.65Kg saving per corner

Pad Area:
    VXR Standard Pad area= 84mm x 64mm
    VXRacing Pad = 152mm x 54mm
    Yes, that is 52% increase in Pad area

Linked with an obvious Pressure improvement from the 6-pot Caliper over the original 4-pots.

VXRacing Vectra 6-Pot Brake Kit consists of:-
    Caliper: - VXRacing Branded 6-pot road type, integral piston wiper seals, pad anti
    rattle clip, protective paint coating. Piston area 50.1Cm².
    Pad size = 152mm long x 54mm deep, thickness 17mm, area = 76.3Cm².
    Disc: - ط362x32m, with 48 curved cooling vanes & 12 curved face grooves,
    handing the disc left / right.
    Alloy disc bells supplied assembled to discs, caliper mount brackets,
    Goodridge braided hose, Hose armouring, all mounting bolts, washers, 1 Ltr
    Dot 5.1 High temp brake fluid.

Prices are to be confirmed shortly
    Please note VXRacing AP Vectra Brake kits will be available through selected tuners and Vauxhall
    retailers in the future.
    To be the first to have the VXRacing AP upgrades please contact VXR Performance Centre on 08702424334
    or email [email protected].

Bleugh....blue :P

Comment

Look very cool, will they come in red?

Comment

Ooh so tempting seeing as I just got the 300ps remap, but yeah blue? can we get some red ones for those of us with black cars?

Comment

Yep as per Astra, Red and Blue will be available.

Comment

So if you got the remap tell us how it goes then?

Comment

OK the remap.. I'll post a more thorough write up and some gtechpro results when I've done a few more miles with it.

But seeing as my car is the Elite with an auto box the results I'm getting will differ from you VXR people as my car came as 235ps from vauxhall, what that means for me is a massive hike in power, with sports mode off it runs the standard 255ps map which is a nice increase on it's own, then with sports mode on you get the whole lot.

Suffice to say it feels very quick and has caught me out a couple of times, the huge amount of torque in second gear tends to want to steer the car, the difference from how it came is quite astonishing and after the test drive the smile on my face wouldn't go away. But with so much power going to the front wheels it needs to be applied carefully, it's raining heavily right now and I dare not go anywhere, taking a trip to Bath tomorrow so I'll have more to say after that.

Bottom line.. Bloody impressive.

Comment

Hi Dougie,

I actually spotted it parked outside the lower paddock at Brands ... did not have time to take a pix at the time.

When I went home, bugger me, it had gone ...

I hope you all noticed my VXR exactly parked opposite the main rear entrance ... my ususal spot

Andy
                2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

nice bit of kit

Comment

Originally posted by Mystvxr
                    OK the remap.. I'll post a more thorough write up and some gtechpro results when I've done a few more miles with it.

But seeing as my car is the Elite with an auto box the results I'm getting will differ from you VXR people as my car came as 235ps from vauxhall, what that means for me is a massive hike in power, with sports mode off it runs the standard 255ps map which is a nice increase on it's own, then with sports mode on you get the whole lot.

Suffice to say it feels very quick and has caught me out a couple of times, the huge amount of torque in second gear tends to want to steer the car, the difference from how it came is quite astonishing and after the test drive the smile on my face wouldn't go away. But with so much power going to the front wheels it needs to be applied carefully, it's raining heavily right now and I dare not go anywhere, taking a trip to Bath tomorrow so I'll have more to say after that.

Bottom line.. Bloody impressive.
                    I await your write up....
                    sigpic

Comment

brakes look trick

how about a 345mm version of the bell housed disc for us who are happy with the standard set up?
                      sigpic

Comment

Whats the cost for the vxr brake upgrade. Also is there a replacement drilled/grooved performance disc available for the standard caliper?

Comment

Wouldn't worry about the drilled stuff as I think it causes too many issue on MOT and cracking etc. However, Courteneys do grooved disks for front and rear so smay be worth a call, they can also do a sports cat to compliment the Miltek exhaust and its only 100 cell unit. There is a gearbox they can do as well which makes it very much more nippy in the gears without detracking from the top speeds etc if you are likely to ever get there in this country.

Comment

So how much is this 6 pot upgrade then?

Comment

Prices have not been released yet. I think they are still in the production phase but VXL can confirm. I have tried them and they do feel good. I understand that AP have a newer pad which works even better and feels very strong, although I have not tried them myself YET!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X