This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Upgrade Option?

Has anyone investigated options for fitting a bigger turbo yet as the Mit TD04 is quite small for the engine capacity.

Cheers

DaveB

nope ... why would you want lag .... go and buy an evo .... that was out dragged to 50mph by a Fiat Panda ......
    2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

Thanx for your help....I'll buy an evo...not. Didn't know Fiat did a Panda turbo but they did an Uno turbo are you sure the turbo will fit?

Have you tried it.?

Any other useful suggestions accepted gratefully

Comment

I guess the VXL guys may well have done this or perhaps the VXRPC, but I understand that if you want over the 300PS then it will be required so guess one of the tuners will be coming up with something pretty soon.

Comment

Problem with the EVO engine is it's so tied in to a particular rev range it ends up being useless outside of that. But then alot of this is probably based on the TG nonsense that JC did and we all know how well balanced his testing and views are :? You wouldn't buy an evo to drive at 50mph in 5th gear would you But the whole point of the EVO is a definitive performance car which you would not look to do thousands and thousands of motorway miles, whereas VXL are trying to produce performance cars which are also very good at the everyday driving (including business driving).

I would like to believe that VXL made their decision on which turbo based on what would provide the best overall 'balanced' power across the rev range along with value for money. It may be that you can get better more powerful turbos fitted but at the same time it will be limiting the overall performance to a particular rev banding, which during practical driving may not work, and you may well be putting yourself into the EVO type bracket which is that you have to drive within the necessary rev bands for the engine to be any good.

Hope I'm making sense here and not talking dog poo. Just my thoughts.

Comment

I think the phrase is 'watch this space'

Well not this space but I suspect a 'tuners'

Stu

Comment

The bigger turbo is currently in final testing and hopefully should be signed off at the end of October.

Torque and power is Ball breaking, but I cant say anymore until we have tested to the V-Max.

So we currently are moving on quite rapidly with Vectra VXR developments.

If your thinking of selling Dont,

Wait and spend some money on the car, you will have one of the quickest 5 door saloons on the Planet no joke!

Lotus Carlton could be about to loose its Mantle, sorry boys as much as Im a fan of the Green Monster it could be toppled.

Comment

David,

we need to have a little chat ....

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andyuk911
                  David,

we need to have a little chat ....

Andy
                  Its no good having the power upgrade Andy, as if you where to accelerate hard you probably would smash the model cars on the rear boot panel

Comment

Andy...

Why don't you come over next Wednesday morning? :wink:
                    sigpic

Comment

Mark, I would be more worried about the helicopters ...

Jon, Iam in Tener grief for 2 weeks ...

Just pin him down and get him to tell all ... use pins or whatever ... or even that large press in one of the workshops

Comment

I thought you were more of a Maldives man mayself! :P
                        sigpic

Comment

VXRPC any idea when your stage 2 with bigger turbo will be ready. Not yet had the stage 1 remap so is it worth me waiting for stage 2. Will it just be a turbo upgrade or as i suspect exhaust and possibly larger intercooler? Any idea of cost would be great (Better get some overtime in!!)

Comment

Working...
                          X