This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vectra VXR CDTi No's 1 and 2

Fellow member Steve 'Spoons' Lloyd and I went to the VXR Performance Centre today, mine had a newer version of the VXR map installed, and Steve had his done from scratch.

As Vauxhall don't do a CDTi VXR, we thought we would build our own!!

I have to say the pick up with the latest re-map is far better than the original 888 map, it holds on for longer and certianly is now quicker and less laggy than before. So Vectra VXRD 01 (Matt) and Vectra VXRD 02 (Steve) are well on the way. Who's going to build number 3?

There will be an administration cost of upgrading to a later version of a map, the cost has yet to be decided. This goes for all maps issued by the VXR Performance Centre.

Heres mine, VXRD01 freshly re-mapped

Heres Steve's VXRD 02

And both together

Astra 1.9 CDTi SRi XP Sporthatch in White plus extra bits.
    Land Rover LR2 HSE

So do you know the new ouput figures?

My bench mark at the moment is the RS4 - B7

414 BHP @ 7800
    317lbft @ 5500

or

Metric
    420ps
    430Nm
    2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Andyuk911
      So do you know the new ouput figures?

My bench mark at the moment is the RS4 - B7

414 BHP @ 7800
      317lbft @ 5500
      LOL, Hi Andy how are you mate. Did you have a good drive home on Sunday ?

Thanks for giving me the keys to the VXR, very nice of you... Lovely car you have there

Anyway, back to business... Yep Me and Matts cars are producing between 330lbft and 360lbft torque... so that beats the RS4 then

Steve :wink:

Comment

I thought the re-map for the 1.9 CDTi was supposed to be between 300 and 330lb/ft.

I think Dave at VXR PC was refering that these higher torque figures were based on the intercooler and higher spec turbo being fitted.

Andy, I am waiting to put on a few more miles to get the car used to the map before I put it back on the rollers at NM.

Hopefully it should see a big improvement. It certianly feels like it on the road so far.
        Land Rover LR2 HSE

Comment

Hi Steve .... well the M25 got me, bl**dy roundabout LOL You should make the badges ... Vauxhall might need a batch sometime, who knows ?

I must admit I am confused by all the figures I hear ...

I fancy having a wild map for the Vectra and then not buying a RS4...

I am not keen on a diesel sound ... and as we all know I don't care about the Petrol costs ...
          Oh , I have heard of some BM M5 users, getting a load as 8 mpg ... that's just stupid
          2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

I have to agree there Andy, although the Diesels are far superior now than they ever have been, I will always be a petrolhead at heart.

I only run a diesel due to the mileage I cover, so why not at least make it look a little VXR!!!!

But all 'could' change next year :wink:
            Land Rover LR2 HSE

Comment

Matt - Oh, sorry then, I do get muddled with figures as they are a bit meaningless to me...

Andy - Wow an RS4 would be fantastic, thats a car I would like to have a go in.... You are very lucky with that fuel card

Comment

Working...
              X