This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Model brochure

New Brochure....popped into my local dealers today on the way home from Merryhill to see if they had the revised brochure to cover the 2007 models. Well what can I say, what a disappointment, I thought VXL would have completely revamped it, but alas they haven't...very poor!! Hardly any mention of the changes to the 2007 Vectra!!!

At least the figures are correct now, but that seems to be the only update. I'd like to see a lot more technical detail. Torque & power curves, an overview of the IDS system etc.

dv.

Comment

go to vxr.co.uk. go to vectra , specifications , safety and click on the various subjects like IDS + and you'll see some graphics.

Stu

Comment

Hmmm. The name rings a bell. You probably don't remember me (just another punter) but I remember meeting this Stuart Harris character sometime in '98. He was bouncing around the paddock and getting very excited about something called the Vectra SuperTouring at a Vauxhall Track Driving day.

Any chance these events will get resurrected? Or did I just drop off the bottom of the list?

As a side note, I tried to buy a Vectra VXR today. I'm not sure that I succeeded... (update on what this means if I get a signed order form in with a vx retailer: you'd think this was easy, but I was almost eaten by the receptionist. Should I have worn my suit? What does a Vectra VXR buyer look like anyway? Obviously not like me! )

dv.

Comment

Originally posted by dvinell
          As a side note, I tried to buy a Vectra VXR today. I'm not sure that I succeeded... (update on what this means if I get a signed order form in with a vx retailer: you'd think this was easy, but I was almost eaten by the receptionist. Should I have worn my suit? What does a Vectra VXR buyer look like anyway? Obviously not like me! )

dv.
          So did you succeed, did you leave a deposit? What spec did you go for?

Mines due hopefully in 3 weeks time...

Comment

Spec will be
            - 19"
            - Arden Blue
            - CD70
            - ECC
            - Leather Pack (maybe)
            - Mobile Phone System

No deposit yet, we're having an ongoing discussion on price, which might mean that the leather pack gets dropped. Hopefully resolved this week, although they are talking about January delivery for a factory order.

dv.

Comment

Mines been on order for over a month now, 2 month wait, but part of that was due to the production not starting until the end of sept.

My spec is:

Flame Red
              Leather Pack
              19's
              AFL
              ECC
              Parking sensor's

Thought about blue tooth, but i like the drinks holder/storage tray, plus wasn't prepared to pay another £100 or so for the phone cradle!!

Comment

Gulp! What have I done?

Just got off the phone, order accepted and deposit taken on an '07 280hp factory order with the following spec confirmed:

Arden Blue
                Leather Pack
                19's
                CD70
                ECC
                Parking Sensors
                Mobile Phone System

Delivery expected late December or Early January. Haven't felt this excited in ages! I looked at your spec and added in the parking sensors at the last minute: it might give the wife a bit of extra confidence on the odd occasion I allow her anywhere near the driving seat.

dave.

Comment

Blimey Dave...indeed what have we done....

Well that's 2 2007 VXR's ordered, anyone else?

Nice spec, thought about Sat Nav, but quite like the DAB radio and 6 CD autochanger, plus the standard radio/CD has a graphic equaliser which I quite like.

Comment

Spec Queries?

More questions on the spec: does the VXR have electric rear windows? I'm assuming a Yes, cos of the switch cluster on the drivers door, and the photos in this site, but it isn't listed anywhere in the spec list.

Also, the downloaded 07 brochure has "Alloy Pedals" listed, which I'm looking forward to.

Has anyone actually seen or driven an 07 spec model yet ?

dave.

Comment

Rear electric windows were std on the MY2006...
                      sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, here's to hoping it hasn't been deleted for 07.

Also, couldn't find any mention of the electro chromatic rear view mirror which ships on the Elite, but not SRi (so probably not VXR?) - are the drivers of the sportier versions going so quickly that they don't need to look backwards at night?

dave.

Comment

Working...
                        X