This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miltek on the Vectra

With all the testing thats been completed, any chance of getting some power/torque figures for the Miltek on a standard engine pre and post fitting.

Sorry, this afternoon. Out on race car stuff this morning.

Comment

Now how can I make my mind up if your out racing.. The afternoon has goneeeeeeeeeeeeee................................. ..

Comment

I've seen it though.... but I cant get the picture off my phone until tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks Chris. I've seen it on the Red VXR VXL have. I just want to know what difference it makes. In fairness I tried the noisey version which according to some previous threads has now been addressed. Good to see the figures now.

Comment

sorry, sorry......race car meeting went into a meeting with another BMW so struggling to keep up at mo.

Will get them up tomorrow.

Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
              Thanks Chris. I've seen it on the Red VXR VXL have. I just want to know what difference it makes. In fairness I tried the noisey version which according to some previous threads has now been addressed. Good to see the figures now.
              IMHO... that one was certainly NOT noisey.... in fact, I was quite disappointed, I thought it would have a big of a grunt, but sadly it doesn't really sound any different.

Mind you, that's coming from someone who's exhaust puts out a reputed 118dB so most things to me are on the quiet side

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney
                sorry, sorry......race car meeting went into a meeting with another BMW so struggling to keep up at mo.

Will get them up tomorrow.

Sorry.
                BMW nope not interested in them come on concentrate get the graphs up chap

Comment

Here you go. TBH I've been spending a lot of time on these as I'm so impressed, this really really is the engine I want to go into my race VX220. If the latest version from Vauxhall is even half as good as this then people are on for a bargain of the century.

Comment

I kept telling you it was that good!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks John. Couple of questions.

At what rpm is max power achieved on your stage 3?

Also I am not sure where the original questions is being answered . All I want to see was the difference with and without the Miltek on a standard car.

Comment

Nice graphs Mr T

Couple of questions if you dont mind

Refering to Sparkys post, what is the difference on the standard car with miltek?

What is the difference on the remapped car with miltek.

Is the power switchable with sports button ?

Any Airbox mods ?

Is this 280ps plus the extra or 255ps plus the extra.

And last thing, im told there is only one car fitted with the Miltek, is this correct,

I wasnt able to accept the boom from the exhaust at 65mph ,has this been altered.

I have 4 customers wanting to fit exhausts but they want to see some graphs for the before and after runs.

Comment

Collating data with Milltek at moment and digging out the graphs showing stock car/Milltek car now so should have those up soon. We're doing a stage 1 car now (capped back some of the boost and timing due to lack of exhaust) but my gut feeling is that a stage 1 will be just as impressive as a stage 2 perhaps with less power at top end due to more restrictive breathing. The Milltek isn't a complete turbo back system due to the exhaust configuration but let me collate up all the techs (and prices and repost).

Correct, this is the only VXR Vectra with this new system on, it's boom free at 65mph and it was 255bhp car so 45bhp gains at peak is bloody impressive. We've done the same as we do with the Astra in terms of the map, sport off has a smoother delivery and slightly more power (about 5-8% more) so its noticeable but more concentrated on smoothness and full (frankly daft) power delivery at sport mode on.

We're just testing some lowering springs on this car (owner was pretty damning on the handling and I tend to agree) so we'll release those as well as soon as we do some testing.

Comment

Ok so your customer has the later version of the miltek on his car, what is the difference between that and the VXL demo ?

We havnt seen the latest version so how can we tell the customers the difference between the new and the one we have at VXRPC that they have all heard and disliked because of the Boom.

Comment

David, we never even heard the Vauxhall demo car, I got a report that it was boomy and asked for the car back but it was unavailable so we simply decided to start from scratch so I have no idea how they compare whatsoever (its hard to develop exhausts sometimes when we can't get the car back). All I know is that this system doesn't generate any boom.

I'm keen to get systems over to you for demo purposes but I'm not about to use a customers car for that purpose and seeing as we don't have our own VXR Vectra there's little I can do?

Comment

Working...
                              X