This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're gone

At last the Conti's are gone. I have just put 4 new Toyo's TS1's on the car and have to say even with the slimey stuff still coming off they are just so much better. The feel you get back from the steering is a good deal better, still not quiet as I would like but I feel a good improvement. As they have only covred 35 miels I think htey will improve. The tyres tell you allot more of whats going on. The turn in is much more accurate and the ride is no worse. I dont think they feel as accurate as the Yoko's I have used especially in the dry and off the straight line but the wet handling excellent.

As long as you are not bothered on wear then a good change. Elite tyres did them for £437 delivered to my door and £30 to fit.

Worth considering.

Mark,

How long did the Conti's last?

Comment

The car has covered 4.5k and they still have 7mm on the rear ones and 6 on the fronts. I just don't like them. I know I know a bit over the top but they just had to go. Me's in my comfort zone now

Comment

I have about 3 mm on the fronts after almost 11k, and about 5 mm on the rears...haven't swapped them at all...estate remember.
        sigpic

Comment

Just changed my front conti's for toyo. Much, much better. Contis have covered 12500 miles and have 3mm left

Regards

Daz

Comment

Originally posted by Moschops
            Mark,

How long did the Conti's last?
            I bought Marks Conti's, I do in excess of 30,000 miles a year and although I am not a conti fan for the driving dynamics, the conti's do offer long life.

I am still on my original conti's at 24000, but they are about ready to change. Marks will be fitted on mine next week.
            Astra 1.9 CDTi SRi XP Sporthatch in White plus extra bits.
            Land Rover LR2 HSE

Comment

I am still on my original conti's at 24000, but they are about ready to change. Marks will be fitted on mine next week
              Mustn't be enough power to wear them down Matt :wink:

I need new ones at 11k.
              sigpic

Comment

Well it is a tractor a good one but still a tractor.

I'm looking @ having the toyo T1R's fitted to the Astra as i had these on the GSi and they were great.

Comment

Working...
                X