This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR Vectra TMS Stage 2 charts

Sorry about the delay, been tweaking and testing and want these to be right (basically the numbers are soooo brilliant that I actually couldn't believe it). We're releasing this now, just finalising prices on the Milltek now.

Not sure reading it right, but does the power peak much earlier and drop off much quicker ??

Great peak numbers though, but appears less of a spread of power.
    Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

Have to agree about the power drop off looks like a diesel Tee hee . I would hope the power at least flettend off.

Are the bottom graphs torque?

Comment

Errrk! Nice headline figures, and I'm sure that you will be able to get some very impressive 0-60 times with it, but that's exactly the opposite of what I want. The standard engine's sweet spot looks to be from 2500rpm to 5500rpm. The upgraded version looks to be only happy between 3000rpm and 5000rpm.

What I'm after is the "wall of torque", you know, the one that is mostly there by 2000rpm, but then INCREASES to 4500rpm or thereabouts, pressing you back into your seat like an aircraft. The Monaro 6.0 torque curve (without the blower) is similar to this.

Not something with a massive peak at 3000rpm, and then drops off, like the wife's Golf Diesel.

dv.

Comment

Originally posted by dvinell
          Errrk! Nice headline figures, and I'm sure that you will be able to get some very impressive 0-60 times with it, but that's exactly the opposite of what I want. The standard engine's sweet spot looks to be from 2500rpm to 5500rpm. The upgraded version looks to be only happy between 3000rpm and 5000rpm.

What I'm after is the "wall of torque", you know, the one that is mostly there by 2000rpm, but then INCREASES to 4500rpm or thereabouts, pressing you back into your seat like an aircraft. The Monaro 6.0 torque curve (without the blower) is similar to this.

Not something with a massive peak at 3000rpm, and then drops off, like the wife's Golf Diesel.

dv.
          Not sure how you're reading that? At 2400 the stage 2 car bhp and torque literally take off and power all the way through to 5600rpm. If its a wave of torque you want then this certainly delivers.

As with all our maps you get a money back guarranty, try it and if you don't like it you get a refund. Trsut me, drive this car and you'll come back stunned at the comparison, really is completely different.

Comment

Any chance of scanning the maps in at a higher DPI. From here the 5600rpm looks to be same a peak on the standfard engine. Or is that figure 5800. I would have to say though either way the drop on 40 bhp in 200rpm WOULD be like driving a diesel.

Comment

It's 5600 and looking at that graph I would agree with what you're saying, it's quite clear there's a good gain in power midrange but why the sudden drop at 5600 rpm? a flatter curve at high revs would make more sense to me unless you're happy changing gear early like you do in a diesel.

Comment

Working...
              X