X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vauxmad
    replied
    Originally posted by Bainie
    Not a fault, how come proton, kia, skoda etc can all paint the bumpers of a 6-7k car the same colour but VX can`t on a 25k car ... Defo a fault, the vec b didn`t have a problem either even with star silver ??
    my same thoughts......as i said in my previous post it only seems to be a recent problem

Leave a comment:

• Bainie
    replied
    Not a fault, how come proton, kia, skoda etc can all paint the bumpers of a 6-7k car the same colour but VX can`t on a 25k car ... Defo a fault, the vec b didn`t have a problem either even with star silver ??

Leave a comment:

• Jonathan
    replied
    It does really depend on the colour of the car.

There is actually a difference to painting metal and plastic. Red is normally the worst for showing it up.

If your not happy, have a word with your dealer. But i wouldn't say its a fault!

Leave a comment:

• vauxmad
    replied
    i have a astra in arden blue and in some lights the front and rear bumpers are slightly different, it seems a common problem thease days on vauxhalls,[never was an issue before] the answer you get when you chat to dealers,vauxhall etc is.......their painted seperate to the rest of the car on production then fitted afterwards, imo if thats the case it will be very difficult to get a spot on match, i think this is poor................
    iv'e heard people say about spraying plastic you get a different finish/shade i need convincing, walk round a car park 99% of cars built in the last 15 years have had sprayed plastic bumpers and never see this problem until recently,i think its pot luck if the batch of bumpers etc match your car on production, my sri sporthatch was spot on my dads new astra design spot on aswell but when a friend recently turned up in his power red sri sporthach[07] it was the first thing that caught my eye was the different colour match

Leave a comment:

• Bainie
    replied
    An old thread, and a long fight, but I have today been told by VX that they are going to respray my front bumper under warranty, it has taken a few months, well 6 months but hopefully it will be a better match / finish, can`t be worse anyway, every time I see a facelift now I notice the difference in them ....

Leave a comment:

• PJ
    replied
    The difference can be seen here:-

Leave a comment:

• PJ
    replied
    Originally posted by In a state
    All the vxr bumpers seem to have non metallic paint on them...it's the same for most of us I think.
    What's that all about then? There must be a valid reason or are we cost cutting again?

Leave a comment:

• In a state
    replied
    All the vxr bumpers seem to have non metallic paint on them...it's the same for most of us I think.

Leave a comment:

• PJ
    started a topic Bumper Coour Match

Bumper Coour Match

All,

I have noticed on the facelift Vectra's that the front bumpers are a darker shade to the rest of the car. It is certainley more noticeable on the lighter colours with star silver been the worst.

My star silver facelift has now just had an Irmscher front lower spoiler added and it's addition now makes the bumper look worse. I am seriousley considering raising this with Vauxhall as I find it unacceptable for the colours not to match.

I understand that paint looks different between metal and plastic parts but surely not as prominent as this. I owned a pre-facelift Vectra in star silver and it wasn't no where near a problem as it's now become on the facelift.

Does anyone know why it has become more apparant on the facelift cars? Has the process or supplier of bumpers been changed? I know a lot of plastic parts especially bumpers are now painted by the supplier away from the factory.

Can anyone shed any light? I am aware that the issue has also been discussed widely in Germany regarding the Opel variants been the same.

Any opinions from you Vectra VXr owners especailly Star Silver ones before i raise the issue with VX.

Cheers,

Paul.
Working...
X