This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you spot an 07

Just went to a network Q dealer nr Mansfield this week looking at a 2nd hand (06) blue VXR when, as if by magic, a salesman appeared. Asked him if the car was a 280 model to which he replied "Vauxhall have only ever made a 280 model. They thought about making a 255 version but didn't bother". He then went on to tell me how good the 3.2 litre V6 engine was. Fills you with confidence.

As I am looking at buying a Vectra VXR next year I was hoping somebody could tell me when the official release date of the 07 "280" model is/was and if there is a quick way of spotting the difference. In the real world is it worth having over a cheaper 255 model. Does 25 PS make all that difference? i just know that last one will get responses from the "How can I get an extra 2BHP" brigade. I know the new car has a few other tweaks to it, but is it worth the extra premium it will command?

I have read through the other threads but I am still not sure.

Thanks for any advice.

There's more.

Just seen the Mansfield car in Autotrader and it is advertised as a 3 door.

This has to be one special car

Comment

If you believe the brochure, the 07 model has alloy pedals.

BUT I haven't seen one in the metal: maybe someone that has can confirm...

If you can wait until mid December, I'll let you know when mine turns up!

From what I can gather, the 06 and 07 models engines are pretty much identical at low to mid revs: the extra BHP is only at the top end of the rev range, where the torque curve pushes just that bit further along before dropping off, due to better breathing.

No idea how effective the handling tweaks have been. I've only driven an 06, and that seemed fine to me.

dave.

Comment

If you ordered yours after Sept 06 it'll be a 07.

As for the s/h ex demo market...well you'll have to keep your wits about you as my nearest dealer still has his VXR from last year in the showroom!
        sigpic

Comment

Re: There's more.

Originally posted by CJ
          Just seen the Mansfield car in Autotrader and it is advertised as a 3 door.

This has to be one special car
          Or one dumb dealer.... I know which one my money would be on

Comment

don't knock them .. I've just be told by an Audi dealer a RS4 has a straight eight engine
            2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

Now that's funnier!

Why don't dealers make their own staff take tests etc on their own range...?
              sigpic

Comment

Mine arrives next week all being well, ordered back in september, factory order 280 version.

So I'll let you know what/if the differences are. Alloys pedals, are they not on the current models, I can't remember mine from the test drive.

Also I think the new version will have a small VXR badge on the bodysides.

Comment

We'll need photo's of everything!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Best get my camera's batteries charged up then....

Dealer is going to phone me once they know the car has been shipped, as they have told me I can see it actually being delivered...

Alloys Pedals
                    Side badges.

Anything else that anyone knows has also been changed for 2007 MY?

So its back to work tomorrow to book 2 days off next week...

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll look forward to more info and pics.

Comment

Putting the power aside, I tihnk its worth the change to the 2007 model as the suspension changes are really worth it. I drove the 280 and 300 and they are better.

Comment

Re: suspension mods: In what ways better ?

dave.

Comment

The car feels more plated on the road , giving more feed back and the light rumble from the suspension is gone. I am looking at the cost for me to upgrade to the revised suspension hardware. The mapping is also revised to compliement the revisions to the damping.

If anyone is interested I will keep you posted.

Comment

Hi Sparky - yes, please keep us informed as I'm also interested in this.

-Nobby

(Car back in the garage tomorrow for their 5th attempt to fix the radio )
                              DAP Springs, EDS Precat decat, TD 1.2, Quaife diff, mapped, RSS Lightweight Clutch - Job done!

Comment

Working...
                              X