X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR Vectra TMS tuning options now released

Thought you might be interested to see the following:

Stage 1 and stage 2 maps now released along with the new Milltek (which am still awaiting pricing data on and Vauxhalls ok). The VXR exhaust is 'only' a catback but seeing as the gains we've got aren't bad and I'm convinced this engine has a lot further to go we'll be looking to repalce more of the system (a full system will be hard due to the integral cats/downs) but even with just the catback version the gains are noticeable (but will hardly blow your socks off).

The stage 2 map is truly amazing, the power just hits you like a brick wall from 2400rpm and carries onto the red line, the VXR system helps the breathing (wider bore pipe and redesign of the rear sections to smoothout flow) really is a different car. Don't worry about the chart looking like it stops short, it doesn't feel like that on the road, best thing would be to come and have a go and see what you think - really is very silly

I think everyone is waiting for images of the exhaust, have you got any John?
    sigpic

Comment

Yep, just cant find my CF card reader to get them onto the PC :?

I think a trip to PC World might be in order

Comment

Good power gains John. I guess 10bhp approx form the system is not bad for cat back. Still think if you had replaced the main cat then you would have seen more (seeing as there is only one integral cat).

Like the spread of power but have to say still not convinced over the suddern drop as it would be like a brick wall loosing 40bhp with still 1,000rpm to go before the red line :? .

If you are saying that on the road the car pulls right to the red line ( and I am sure it does) with the same urgency I can only assume that the RR is miss reading as I think most people WOULD notice a big drop in power.

From the reading here I have to say you are pulling less power at 5600 rpm than my standard engine does at 6200. I realise the power lower down is alot stronger etc.

OK I know there is always going to be differnet readings frm different RR and its not clinical way of doing things but still does not get away from the sudden INDICATED drop of power. Any chance of getting the owner to post as am I sure they must be exicted. (In fairness tuners are always going to say its good) .

What where the EGT's from the banks in relation to each other. The old V6' s ran hotter to the rear, what where your readings?

Comment

TMS your charts look like you've done them your self and not from the R/R. i recon my 6yr old could have done a better job.

Are you sure they are from a V6 turbo and not from a CDTi.

I've seen other charts and they look so different to yours.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
            TMS your charts look like you've done them your self and not from the R/R. i recon my 6yr old could have done a better job.

Are you sure they are from a V6 turbo and not from a CDTi.

I've seen other charts and they look so different to yours.

That graph looks like it was made on Microsoft Word

Oh wait a minute, is that the one your 6 year old daughter made?
            If so good job!

Comment

lol, yeah I'm *pretty* sure it was from a Vectra, they do look a bit different from an Astra (although less so from the front I agree).

I've got loads of data as regards the run all here just a question crunching through it.

How about this, how about someone from the site comes down and we'll remap their car for them and let them have a play for a bit? No charge (assuming you want it putting back to standard) and I'm happy to accept any criticism (or dare I say it congratulations) from the owner. That way people here can get an independant view and not just blindly trust what I'm saying?

Bascially a reamapped Vectra VXR is about as far away from OEM as is possible so I'm happy for the product to do the talking rather than anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney
                How about this, how about someone from the site comes down and we'll remap their car for them and let them have a play for a bit? No charge (assuming you want it putting back to standard) and I'm happy to accept any criticism (or dare I say it congratulations) from the owner. That way people here can get an independant view and not just blindly trust what I'm saying?

Bascially a reamapped Vectra VXR is about as far away from OEM as is possible so I'm happy for the product to do the talking rather than anything else?

well cant argue with that
                so who is up for some testing?

Comment

Ok, piccies:

Comment

Cool and its red too....

So Thorney, how much is the Milltek?

Comment

I knew someone would ask me that......hold please........

Comment

Holding....

Comment

Sorry I don't like them.

Are you sure they're not the estate versions? As they stick out a bit... ;>
                          sigpic

Comment

They might still be hot from a good blast...

As I know on the Golf R32 they "grow" when they get hot...

Comment

Unfortunately I won't be able to take the offer up as mine at Courtenays now but I am sure someone will. Would'nt mind getting the owner to take me out at some time though. Interested to see how it goes as I do have a relative base mark to work from.

I think you will find they stuck out that far on the one red one I drove at Luton!, you know the boomy one

Comment

Working...
                              X