This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMS and Miltek for Vectra

Ok I know this is a strange way to approach this, but seeing as so many people are asking questions about it, and I cant answer them because the info doesnt seem avail maybe TMS or Miltek can let us in on whats happening so customers know where they are going.

What is the cost of the Miltek for Vectra VXR hatch and Estate?

Is the production system exactly the same system thats been on a VXL Press car for months ie sound and configuration ?

Does the system come with a de cat down pipe as per car above or sports cat ?

When are they avail ?

Is there a choice of Tips?

Can you Let us all know please John so we can offer the systems,

Sorry for Public approach but Customers want to know!

Thanks

David, not a problem. The reason for the delay on the Vectra was caused by our releasing the car (which had immediate positive comments from all concerned) so we pushed ahead on jigging etc and sorted final pricing. Then I got a call (well I saw a post here actually) which suggested that the system had become boomy which was confirmed by Sparky, yourself and Dougie. Our reaction was pretty immediate, if there was an issue that had come to light then we would change it immediately. Vauxhall/yourselves weren't able to supply the car back as it was busy on other duties so it took a little time to source another car (Richard's on the site) so we re-designed the system to sort the boom issue. Seeing as the boominess seemed to appear after some miles I've asked Richard to run the car as he would normally and he's reported back that the car sounds great.

Regardless of this extra work the prices are unchanged from before all I'm awaiting are details of the tips (as these maybe cheaper depending on option). The system is catback (with centre silencers replaced) and I'm awaiting a schemeatic that explains each part with a part number which we'll distribute out.

We've done some dyno testing on the system and despite the fact its not a full system we've seem some decent power gains throughout the rev range.

Let me chase the tip options and put a detailed post ASAP - ok?

Comment

Ok Thanks

One question still unsure about though, this Miltek System we have here doesnt have the second cat in place in any shape or form, is this an option or the system in full, as when we tried to mate the OE back on to this car it wouldnt fit as the Downpipe is of a larger bore so we are a little unsure what you get with the system , cat back only or de cat down pipe included.

Thanks

Comment

from this i take it that the 300bhp system TMS done also did not have a main cat this would explain the 10bhp increase and the boomy noise.

Comment

David, Yes, the precat pipe is retained.

Alex, yes, the 300bhp car was based on a car with a Milltek system hence we've called it a stage 2. On this car there is no boom and yes we wrote the map on the stage 2 to use the Milltek as we do with all the stage 2 maps.

Comment

so has the stage 2 removed the main cat then.

god pr ppl never answer the question

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney
              David, Yes, the precat pipe is retained.

Alex, yes, the 300bhp car was based on a car with a Milltek system hence we've called it a stage 2. On this car there is no boom and yes we wrote the map on the stage 2 to use the Milltek as we do with all the stage 2 maps.
              Sorry John, please just to clarify this. The pipe which joins the main system to the pre-cat pipe hold the main cat (open ended one end and 3 bolt flange joint the other.On the red car this was not present, it was straight through. Does this pipe (not the precat pipe) form part of the Miltek system?

Comment

I see no repoly from TMS with ref the Cat in this one but on the Zafira he no say's its not good to run with out a cat as it will be illegal.

For gods sake TMS make up your mind and stop dodging the questions asked and give some answers.

Comment

Alex, as ever your understanding and patience is admirable I missed the replies on this thread, sorry.

I've got all the data, and the pictures and the prices and the dyno charts for the Milltek, the stage 1 and the stage 2 and comparisons on all of them on the same chart.

I've closed the workshop next week and the plan is to get all this data up on our new website then.

Yes, the full Milltek deletes the main cat as it doesn't have a O2 sensor after it so it can be deleted wihtout problems on the ECU, the Astra VXR has an O2 sensor after the main cat so you can't run a decat. The difference between a stage 1 (275-280bhp) and a stage 2 (300bhp) is the full Milltek and different map to take advantage of the extra breathing.

I appreciate you're keen and I'm sorry it taken time but you wouldn't want us to release something then drag you all back for updates when we figure we'd cocked it up would you/

Comment

Bump! Any news yet?

Comment

So lets get this straight then. The full miltek system will remove the cat from the car making it technically illegal? Is this corect? Also vxrpc are claiming 300bhp from there remap with the OE exhaust system, does anybody know if this is corect?

Comment

The pre-cat stays in place. What TMS do is remove the main cat. From what I understand as long as there is a cat in the system then its still technically legal. However what has not been declared is whether the emissions will be correct. The Vectra differs from the other systems in that it measure emissions from the precat front and back then sends the adjusted mixture to the main cat which sits under the car, knowin g that when passign through this cat the emissions will be correct coming out the the exhaust. SO TMS what are the emissions for our friends to under.

Comment

SOOOOOOOO lets have another go. JT what is the state of the system. Our conversations 3 weeks ago was that they would be in by now, how about the exhaust tips what did Miltek come up with then.

Comment

Mark he hasnt been around since last week, busy bee at present and hasnt had much chance to log on, i will give him a heads up on your question

Comment

Sorry, we shut the workshop last week for race car work and working till 3am most nights has taken a bit of a toll on me so I've not been on line much. We should have all the VXR systems (Vectra and Zafira) in stock now and we're trying to sort a launch price to apologise for the delay.

Comment

Working...
                              X