X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil

Morning all,

Finally picked up the car yesterday...hooray...

What a car, really pleased with it, although it looked like Stevie Wonder had valetted it, so this weekend I'll put my mark on it, although I did hoover it out once I got it home.

Anyway, what Oil are other Vec VXR owners using? Are you sticking with VXL's own sythenthetic or using something like Castrol SLX or Mobil 1?

Congrats! Any photos?

With the oil, I was just going to buy a top up from the dealer, who has the right stuff, and prices looked okay.

In theory, anything with "GM-LL-A-025" on the side should do, but there aren't many alternatives, none cheap, e.g. Mobil 1 0W-40, Castrol Edge 0W-30.

dv.

Comment

I stick to the GM stuff...good value imho.

As for mobil one...I find it way too thin.
      sigpic

Comment

If really want a top quality oil, then the Amsoil is very very good. After 75k on a Astra GTE 16v with a C2.0let (turbo 2.0 litre)the original honing marks where still present and the engine compression was spot on. This ran on Amsoil from day one.

Worth a look at.

Comment

Originally posted by In a state
          I stick to the GM stuff...good value imho.

As for mobil one...I find it way too thin.
          Also, some people have reported that Mobil 1 drifts out of spec if you push the boundary to the next service. I was planning to stick to the GM stuff too, and probably have it changed at 10k intervals max, even if the service indicator doesn't come on.

dv.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

Sparky,

Does your current VXR run Amsoil? Whats the price of it like per litre?

I used to run my previous Vectra SRI on Mobil 1 changing it every 5k, but the local car accessories shop is closing down so I'm gonna have to find somewhere else, Halfords take the **** on the price of 4 litres of Mobile 1.

Pic's of the new beastie to be done this weekend after I've washed her... :wink:

Comment

Nope not yet, but I like to allow the original oils to get the engine to bed in. I will be changing very soon to Amsoil. The cost is approx £39.00 for 5 litres but oopppsss ours take 6!!!, so may not be the cheapest oil changes etc.

The GM stuff is very good but at £48.00 every 4,500 miles for me will be a good investmant.

If you want to get hold of it Courtenays sell it. Filter ain't cheap though so beware.

Comment

Working...
              X