This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Meanie

Got down to the dealer to have a look today, although still can't collect until Saturday...

dv.

Oh yeah ..... Very nice...

Comment

Wohoo....bet you can't wait.

Well I've done 200 miles in mine this week as I've still got 1/2 a tank left of V-power...

Comment

Originally posted by Moschops
        Well I've done 200 miles in mine this week as I've still got 1/2 a tank left of V-power...
        You're obviously not driving it hard enough then

Comment

Either that, or it's one of those gauges that plunges straight into the red zone within 100 miles of being "half" full

dv.

Comment

Nice...better get some mats.
            sigpic

Comment

Mats are in a placcy bag in the boot, just not fitted yet.

I've half-inched the CD70, Phone System, and Car manuals to read, so that's the family on "ignore" for this evening.

dv.

Comment

What a day!

Didn't get much sleep, but load family into the trusty Golf for the trip to the dealer.

Nightmare on the M25, lose 30 mins. Everyone trying to cut me up for some reason, but manage to miss em all somehow.

Get there, and wow, still blue, and still looking good. Sort out the paperwork, quick coffee, shake hands, and ready to leave. Get in the car, start her up, burble rumble burble, and fiddle with seat and mirrors, parked in front of shop corner. Just about to pull away, and a silver top in an old Rover 400 parks RIGHT in front of me at an angle. Arrghh. I wind down the window and ask if she can shift the car a bit and she glares at me like I am about to steal her colostomy bag then walks off.

So, backwards, beep beep beep beep, forwards, beep beep beep, backwards, beep beep beep, repeat about 5 times to extract the meanie from this tiny space. Finally free, but her car is blocking the half the exit, so I'm even closer to the (invisible) fast moving traffic coming round the blind corner. Sit there for about 4 mins with the window down until I can't hear any traffic approaching, and vroom, off we go! Not used to Vectra indicators, so do the Veccy Newbie Indicate Left, try and cancel, ooops, Indicating Right, ooops, try and cancel, Indicate Left, O crap, sorree everybodee.

The Engine! This engine wouldn't be out of place in a Porsche. Even on half throttle and keeping it well below 4000rpm, it just sails past everything else with almost no effort.

As to the handling, still getting used to it. It initially all feels a bit light, like driving on skinny tyres with soft suspension (this is comfort mode, haven't tried Sport yet properly), but when I did load it up on the exit of a roundabout, there's actually plenty of grip there, and it does get stuck in and pull round really well.

As to torque steer, I can feel the wheel loading up a little bit in 1st and 2nd, but nothing that I wouldn't expect from having 280ps going thru the fronts.

Overall, well impressed. Engine is out of this world. Ride is good. Interior and seats are fab. Even the CD70 sounds ok ish. Just a matter of getting used to the active dampers and the handling.

dv.

Comment

The fun is only just beginning....

Have fun......

Comment

It could all be ending very shortly: the wife has just taken it out solo for a quick spin All the electric aids turned on. There's no way I would let her drive a Monaro. Especially one with a belt driven hairdryer...

dv.

Comment

either that, or you might end up having two of them

Comment

I live about 2 mins from that garage ..., should have come round for a cup of tea
                        2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

I'm on my way now...

Comment

Good food in the Lion down the road: easily the best pub meal I've had in ages!

dv.

Comment

Its Only a Car ! ! ! ! ! should have got a red one, what no wing badges ? I thought all 2007 mods had them

Comment

Working...
                              X