This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyo T1-s

Well some of you will know I changed by tyres from the Conti's to the Toyo's.

What did surprise me was how on the initial few miles the dry grip was good, but as soon as it started to get a bit wet they lost their bite but to the degree worse than the COnti's. eeeekkkk

But......... after covering a further 1000 miles the tyres just got better and better and now having done 1500 miles the wet weather grip is just unbelievable and the feedback through the steering so much improved.

The thing that did also surprise is how long they took to really bed in. Previous experience did not give this problem but perhaps it because the wall is so stiff.

The dry grip in the dry (although) cold is truly amazing, confident inspiring and accurate, less floaty feeling and more planted, even with the IDS.

Worth a look at when changing in my opinion.

I have used the Toyo tyres on a few cars over the years and have always found them to be excellent in both wet and dry conditions.
    As you state Sparky they do take a bit of running in, but once they have settled they are excellent offering better grip and more precise steering response, I'll be replacing the standard Conti's with these in the new year

Comment

so how much did you pay for 4 Toyos - fitted? I have done 15000 on the original Contis and they will need changing soon
      stephen

Comment

Elite tyres -Rainham, Essex did 4 for £437.00 delivered and the £50 to fit therefore £487.00 fitted.

Comment

thanks for the speedy reply!!! I have seen them advertised at £90 elsewhere. So I guess I'll keep shopping around.
          stephen

Comment

Originally posted by stephen
            thanks for the speedy reply!!! I have seen them advertised at £90 elsewhere. So I guess I'll keep shopping around.
            Excellent. Let me know where as the Meriva is goign to need some.

Comment

I had Toyo`s on my old vec, they were stunning, especially in the wet, they will be going on mine as soon as I need them. I did find the road noise a bit worse with them on, has that improved any ?

Comment

Has anybody tried the Falken FK452 tyres, they seem to give the same test results as the toyo's on tyretest.com but are a bit cheaper. I cant find the toyo's online for less than £130 each but the Falken's can be found for just under £100 if you shop about.

Comment

Me again, just discovered the toyo's have a reinforced sidewall which could be worth the extra few quid, seen as i dont have a spare wheel

Comment

The tyres on all the VXR range have to be XL or reinforced. If you fail to fit the correct level of tyre the insurance can be void on the car.

Comment

i found that with the T1-R's i had on the GSi.

You need to scrub them in abit for about 1500-2000 miles before they hang on but this is only about 0.5 mm i guess then you can throw it about in corners and it dont move.

Comment

How many miles are you getting from the T1-S's?

Comment

Working...
                        X