X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve lifters

Hello everyone Iv seen some old threads regarding this but none of them
    Answer my questions lol! Iv got tapping noise from rear of the engine, I rang nick the other week tried describing it, it taps faster more I give on the throttle but Iv only tested this when the car is hot when it's cold if I rev it sounds like I'm strangling a mouse!

2 questions how much are they around other places part from rip off vauxhall and are they easy to fit anyone got a DIY etc

What mileage you on pal?

Comment

Just done 51k took it to my mechanic that does the bits I can't do and he said it sounds fine! Drove it up the road said it drives fine! I'd like to hear another local Vxr to put my mind at rest

If anyone is in the south east shout out lol

Comment

South, I'm in Bournemouth
        Black stealth with 300BHP.

Comment

Any chance you come up bluewater or anything like that at anytime? Or if you ever need an extra pair of hands fitting something to the car I got lots of tools and jacks lol. I just want to hear another one to see if they sound the same! Thing is Iv had an insignia Vxr when I lived with mummy and daddy lol I had a Saab 93 with the 2.8 but can't remember if they all sounded the same

Comment

Deffo the valves and not the little valve thingy to do with fuel vapours behind the engine??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Portsmouth here if any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kylestocks View Post
                If anyone is in the south east shout out lol
                I'm in the South East!!!!!!

But I don't have a Vectra anymore...... try WG Motorworks, Sheppey?
                Had 3 x Vectra VXR's, now 335d M Sport Xdrive and LCI E60 550i

Comment

I had exactly the same noise for a few days off and on but now it's completely gone. I'm also in the south east in maidenhead (berkshire) if you ever need a car to listen to just let me know mate

Comment

I may be passing blue water today as I going to deal

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

MAPPED BY COURTENAY SPORTS 330 BHP & 400 LBFT

Comment

what year is your car again kyle
                      NOW STAGE 3 BUILT BUY ME POWERED BY SUPERCHIPS.
                      INSIGNIA TURBO,INSIGNIA INJECTORS,QUAFE DIF,PADAL CLUTCH,COURTNEY RAD AND INTERCOOLER,3 INCH SYSTEM,BILSTEN B12'S,AP RACING BRAKES,POWERFLEX BUSHES

Comment

Hello everyone thanks for the replies sorry I been at work, nick it's a 56 plate! The tapping noise increase with revs! While the car is sitting there ticking over it's not to noticeable but rev it abit and it taps quicker! I read a thread about the fuel evap valve could that have had it's day possibly? Anyone got picture or part number, replace cheapest 1st! Maybe nick has one for me?

Comment

I do mate its used but in full working order
                          NOW STAGE 3 BUILT BUY ME POWERED BY SUPERCHIPS.
                          INSIGNIA TURBO,INSIGNIA INJECTORS,QUAFE DIF,PADAL CLUTCH,COURTNEY RAD AND INTERCOOLER,3 INCH SYSTEM,BILSTEN B12'S,AP RACING BRAKES,POWERFLEX BUSHES

Comment

It would be a lash post your referring to making the noise. They don't have valve lifters like the old engines. You need a special tool to compress the spring while keeping the cam in place. It's a ball ache to on some of them. Just to add injectors also make the similar noise.

Comment

So do all vectra vxrs sound a bit tappy? Is it anything to worry about? I'm contemplating on selling the car as I hate not having peice of mind :-(
                              I need nick to tell me how much he wants for this evap valve I'll do anything to help find peace lol

Comment

Working...
                              X