This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much for a used one?

Hi and happy new year. I'm looking to buy a car to replace my Omega V6, It will either be a 156GTA or a vectra VXR. What is the best price you could get them for these days as used or ex demo cars?

Seen some from £15995 upwards...cheap ones have 18's and bog standard and 10k + miles.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by In a state
      Seen some from £15995 upwards...cheap ones have 18's and bog standard and 10k + miles.
      I found a 8k one and i offered them my car and 13k. Is that a stupid offer? I personally thought it was not bad really. I'm waiting for the manager to come back to me.

Comment

The 156GTA has a nice engine and possibly more feel in the handling department, but is a smaller car, obsolete, and is a bit flimsy compared to the German built VXR.

Also, although unlikely, I know which I'd rather be in if I was going to have an accident!

dv.

Comment

I think the 13k may be a goer with about the same mileage. May need to stretch to 14k. You will porobably only get the 255 version.Really worth a go. I know a dealer that offered £12k for a 8 month old Black VXR.

Can't say what the 156 is like but I love driving the Vectra. As for the handling I think the IDS takes time to understand but once your over that its fine.

Comment

I've been scouring autotrader for months and I can't find any less then around £17k. According to parkers a 2005 55 reg with 10,000 miles should be £16k from a franchised dealer, but I can't find anything for less then around £18,000. Where are good places to look?

Comment

I Just Part X ed my Vectra C GSI for Vectra VXR Estate on a 06 Plate with the following toy's.

SAT-Nav
              Adaptive Head Lights
              and A set 19" Inch Wheels

8.2k on the clock. Ext Demo

It also had a Personnalised Plate thrown in to deal.

for just under 20k from a NetworkQ Dealer

Comment

After few weeks trying to haggle with dealers i gave up Nobody accepted to seel to me a lightly used VXR for 13grand and my Omega as part exchange. My last attempt was to call the local dealer and request a test drive with a 2.0T with VXR bodykit which i could get for arround 13-14k from the net yet again they never called me back.
                Conclusion is that vauxhall dealerships do not deserve to be in business.
                So i followed my heart and bought a 156 GTA S/W 03 with 33K and one meticulus owner plus 2 years warranty for 12.5K. I bought the car minutes after the test drive. It is not the most spacious car in the world but i absolutely love it, the engine the brakes the amazing steering wheel the sound.
                So enjoy your beasts and have fun.

Comment

Will do - see you in the rear view!

(seriously)

But nice of you to get back to us. Hope you love your motor...

(and the rear end of ours)

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzy
                    Will do - see you in the rear view!

(seriously)

But nice of you to get back to us. Hope you love your motor...

(and the rear end of ours)
                    Thanks mate,
                    i'm not so sure that the 255ps vectra will see me in the rear view maybe the 280ps. On top speed of course you win as the alfa is restricted to 155mph. LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X