X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In anticipation..........

Evenin` all.

Just joined this excellent and informative site as a prospective owner.

I`m not yet sure that I`m going to get the VXR, but I`ve a test-drive of the 280 arranged for next Thursday, so we`ll see.

I currently have a Focus ST2 (sorry, I know that may be a dirty word on here :wink: ), which is tuned to approx 280 bhp; but after the birth of my third daughter some five weeks ago, we suddenly need more room, and the Focus isn`t exactly the biggest out there.

As such, I`m really hopeful that the VXR won`t prove to be a disappointment in 280 guise, and I`m sure it won`t ! (Sorry, this isn`t some sort of assumption that the 255 would be a disappointment, as again, I`m sure it wouldn`t; it`s just that sometimes, it can be hard, psychologically, to accept a reduction in power.)

Anyway, certainly on the looks and interior, the Vectra VXR looks fantastic, and I can`t wait for the test-drive now it`s sorted..........

And finally............a pat on the back for the site-admin and mods, as the site looks terrific, and is very appealing to the first-time user.

I may open my gob again before the test-drive next week, but if not, I`ll post my thoughts on the VXR once I`ve been.........

Thanks for reading !

sigpic

Welcome Dex...

Please come and sit down and enjoy some friendly banter with like-minded VXR owners (or wanna-be...or even have-been (Andyuk911 :wink: ))

Have you considered the Zafira VXR - Loads o' poke and space

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR
      Welcome Dex...

Please come and sit down and enjoy some friendly banter with like-minded VXR owners (or wanna-be...or even have-been (Andyuk911 :wink: ))

Have you considered the Zafira VXR - Loads o' poke and space

Thanks for the welcome mate.

I know what you`re saying about the Zafira, but it`s not really my thing, looks-wise, although I`m sure it goes like the proverbial !

Thanks for the suggestion anyway, bud, but I think the Vectra is just what I`m looking for. Okay, the Monaro looks fantastic as well, but again, only 3 doors............

Cheers.
      sigpic

Comment

Vectra VXR is a great car and you will see well over 340Bhp from a re-map

Comment

Cheers Robbie !

I`ve tuned my last few cars, so the Vectra VXR`s starting 280 bhp is one of the things that most appeals to me. The most I`ve had was a Scooby STI with PPP, which delivered approx. 305 bhp, so 340 from a simple re-map sounds mind-bending !

I`m not saying I`d tune it just for the sake of it, and with 280, I`ll hopefully find I don`t want to, but as I said..........what a starting point !
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome DxVX, glad you like the site. Some really good qulaity discussion and people. Just a slight correction, the 340 requires a replacement turbo. But that said I have heard that with the replacement its had to be de-tuned to 340, so you never know for the right tuner 370 may be possible!!! or even more..............

Comment

Thanks for the info. Sparky.

One of the things I like about the Vectra VXR is that the power is already coupled to a good-looking stylish body.

By way of explanation.............as I mentioned, a while ago I had the Scoob, and although this is not meant to offend any Scoob owners out there, I would have to say that I have NEVER had as many negative comments about any of my cars.

Okay, I have to admit that I`m probably percieved as being "too old" for a Scoob these days ( ), and this, no doubt, added to the derision I had to "suffer" when I had the car, but IMHO, the shape of the Scoob, and it`s excellent rival, the Evo, have now had their day, and both manufacturers need to move on, with different designs, to maintain sales of what are, undoubtedly, amazing cars.

This, as I said, is what appeals to me with the Vectra. Okay, I know that some people don`t particularly rate Vauxhalls (which IMHO is their loss), but nobody can deny that the Vectra VXR is a good-looker which sports a "racy" look, whist still retaining an air of style about it.

Having tonight read the Evo comparison of the VXR, Scoob, BMW 330i and the Evo, I`m even more convinced that the VXR will be just what I`m looking for...........
              sigpic

Comment

Enjoy

DexVx Welcome

280 255 whatever

Wait till you try all I can say is enjoy, make sure you use the sport mode, give us some feed back as to what you think ! ! !

Comment

Re: Enjoy

Originally posted by cae2020
                  DexVx Welcome

280 255 whatever

Wait till you try all I can say is enjoy, make sure you use the sport mode, give us some feed back as to what you think ! ! !

Thanks mate.

I do intend to enjoy it bud, whatever the outcome, and I`ll definitely be giving some feedback.

Can`t wait, TBH; roll-on next Thursday.........
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forum Dex.

Enjoy your test drive, I'm sure you will, I know I enjoyed mine when I took one out, so much so I bought a new one...

What neck of the woods are you from?

Comment

Hi Moschops !

From Lancashire, myself mate.

I`ve just been trying to do a bit of "work" on this today, and actually finding a used one is a nightmare.

How the VXR can be considered as a quick depreciator beats me, as it`s a struggle to get near a used one.

Autotrader have only 5 or 6 listed in the whole country, and I think Parkers have about another 5; so quite how they aren`t supposed to be holding their value beats me. I thought that the market was based on supply and demand ?

Oh well, I`ll probably get a new one anyway, but I was just trying to see if I could find a high-spec slightly used one, to further my options.

Never mind.................soon be Thursday
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DexVX
                        Hi Moschops !

I`ve just been trying to do a bit of "work" on this today, and actually finding a used one is a nightmare.

How the VXR can be considered as a quick depreciator beats me, as it`s a struggle to get near a used one.

Autotrader have only 5 or 6 listed in the whole country, and I think Parkers have about another 5; so quite how they aren`t supposed to be holding their value beats me. I thought that the market was based on supply and demand ?

Oh well, I`ll probably get a new one anyway, but I was just trying to see if I could find a high-spec slightly used one, to further my options.

I have just bought a second hand one, if you look around there are a few, I found one with parking sensors and satnav, got a service thrown in as well !! . If you plan to tune it anyway then buying a 280 isn`t an advantage as a 255 will have the same potential for tuning.

Comment

Hi Moschops !

I looked around for a nicely spec'd 255 model but they were none existant, was also worried about the "fall" in value once I'd bought it, anyway took the plunge in the end as its not likley that I'm going to be selling any time soon... :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Bainie
                            Hi Moschops !

I have just bought a second hand one, if you look around there are a few, I found one with parking sensors and satnav, got a service thrown in as well !! . If you plan to tune it anyway then buying a 280 isn`t an advantage as a 255 will have the same potential for tuning.
                            I see exactly where you`re coming from Bainie, as regards the 255 versus 280, but I`m going for the 280 purely because I`m actually hoping NOT to start tuning, as it would be really nice to retain the warranty (not that it`s stopped me in the past......LOL !)

Unfortunately, those blo*dy re-maps are always hard to resist........!
                            sigpic

Comment

In fairness the suspension set-up is better on the 280 so if you have the choice go for the 280.

Comment

Working...
                              X