This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info required

Could anyone with one of the 280 Vectra's help me with a little info. I would like to see what the 50-70 is in 5th gear. If some one is able to do a real life, not what the books say test that would be helpfull.

Got to go out to collect a curry in a bit, so I could give it a try, but I wouldn't expect it to be any different from the 255, as in 5th it will still be at quite low revs.

dv.

Comment

Appreciate it my friend, what ever you can do will be great, just dont spill the curry..

Comment

Okay, curry collection via the dual carraigeway.

Wasn't sure what the procedure was (e.g. Steady 50, or already accelerating?). Anyway, using the speedo, and the stopwatch on the mobile, temp 8.0C, 1/3 tank of juice, Sport Mode engaged...

Starting from a steady 50mph and hitting full throttle in 5th, I got timings to 70mph from 5.8s to 6.1s, so the average is somewhere around 5.9s

Same thing in 3rd gear, 3.7s - 3.8s

dv.

Comment

Ahhh thats perfect steady 50 to 70 stop watch. Excellent. just what I needed. I did this with my orgignal gearbox and got 7.8 on a 255 engine.

With the new gear box fitted it was 5.6 - 5.9 so an improvement of approx 2 secs. Thats just what I needed to know.

I know its not a perfect way of doing it but its a reasonable yard stick ,especially for upgrading my performance.

I dont know if you felt the same but it didnt feel that quick was surprised when I read the stop watch.

Appreciate your help.

Comment

It felt quite slow initially: the first 5miles an hour seemed to take an age, but once on-boost, 60-70 went quite rapidly.

dv.

Comment

Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
              X