This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT and a few upgrades

Well, that's the car with another 12 months license and prior to putting it through the MOT I managed to grab a day where I could fit the H&R front springs. Did have the rears fitted at an earlier stage as they were less time consuming. Also upgraded my head unit to an all singing double din Pioneer 7" unit with both mirrorlink and android auto. I did have the lesser spec model but the new one looks so nice and has a mountain of things to play with

Springs Settled

New Head Unit

Comment

Looks nice mate,nice ride height too.

Comment

Had to invest in another car jack though as my current one wouldn't fit!

Comment

I like the head unit. What is it? Can u still use steering wheel controls and access the trip computer etc?

Comment

It's the Pioneer AVIC-F77DAB. Full steering wheel controls and also access to the trip computer and settings etc. It's a nifty bit of kit, 7" touchscreen with both android auto, mirrorlink and apple connectivity if needed. Loads of bells and whistles

Comment

Car is looking well 😎, must admit I miss a decent headunit. The cd70 is a bit "lacking" in the audio department.
              Have you upgraded any speakers or using the standard?

Comment

Just using the standard speakers that came with the cdc40, it was a better audio unit than the cd70 so speakers I think might be a little bit better. As for the sound quality with this unit, it is good. Plenty of base, enough infact not to warrant a sub. I did buy a sub with fitting in mind but when I played the music with and without the sub connected I really couldn't tell if the sub was better?

Comment

Just for info the head unit isn't fully fitted as you can see it juts out a little. Once I get time I'll get it fitted more flush, have to fit a reversing camera and there's also the ability to fit a front camera?

Comment

That's good to know. Mine had the cdc40 as standard and I changed to the 70...mainly for the OE nav and colour screen.
                    Another addition to the wish list lol!

Comment

I changed to the colour screen but kept the 40 and since have upgraded head units 3 times now. Don't know if this'll be my last?

Comment

The good thing about having the 40 is that the DAB capability is already there if you need to go that route?

Comment

I do miss the DAB more than I like the Nav...

Comment

Working...
                          X