X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone out there?

Anyone else got a Vectra VXR, I'm billy no mates here

Don't worry Sparky you won't be billy no mates for very long. We are hoping to get our car at the weekend or early next week. I have already seen 1 other car on the road, a silver 5 door here in Wiltshire. It certainly did have presence.

Comment

Cool, look forward to chatting soon. Did you manage to get any extra's ? You'll love the xenon lights. One warning, I know you have had a TVR and speed is not a problem but be careful as the car is a serious licence loser, if you don't check the speedo frequently, as its so quiet at speed and builds very quickly. But enjoy. Checking the braking it excellent.

Comment

Ok now that's a good point you have raised. Does the car have xenon's as standard. Vauxhall's website is down at the moment so I can't check. I thought they did, but I noticed that the options list talks about adaptive xenon headlights at around £700.
        I didn't get any extra's but did get a surprisingly good discount, I know another Vauxhall dealer I spoke to went pale.

Comment

You get Xenon but not AFL. This was added due to supply issues back in the pre-production times. They are good and love the way adjust. As you have the xenon, you get the headlamp washers

Comment

What sort of fuel economy are you getting out of it. I know thats a very boring subject but I would be interested to know.

Comment

Around town and some progressive driving about 26-28. However keep it at a steady 70, you'll see an amazing 36-38, drop it to 55 i saw 42. Did you have a read of the 1000 mile report?

Comment

I am going to go and read it now in full. I did skim it earlier.

Comment

Re: Anyone out there?

Originally posted by Sparky
                  Anyone else got a Vectra VXR, I'm billy no mates here
                  No comment
                  | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Have now read it Sparky. It's a very good review. Did I see somewhere else that you have/had an Astra VXR on order? Did you go for the Vectra instead.

Comment

yep I did but after having seen the car in the flesh at the Donnington Tuners show I decided to chnage my order. The Astra is just too small in the back for rear passengers, great for 2 but not for a family. Also, I like the extra bits you get with the Vectra. The Astra is very frantic , and excellent car, but if you want to sit back relax the Vectra is do it for you. The Astra has to be the mad hatter of the bunch (well athe moment, wait the Meriva), and is excellent, but the Vectra did it for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X