This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expected Power Outputs after Remap?

Ok I guess the race is on to remap the 2.8 V but what power/torque can we expect after remapping a standard engine....is 300bhp & 300lbs/ft easily acheivable?
    sigpic

On a recent rolling road day VXL managed to see 272Lb ft from the standard engine, so I guess 295/300 would be available. However, as for the power I am sure that 20-25 is easy but above that I think it will take time to find as ,as the biggest issue has to be life of the engine. This is a bit of an unknown. If memeory serves right I am sure Saab /VXL have seen over 300 BHP but there was no indication as to engine life and I think they had to change the Turbo. Its really a little difficult to tell at the moment due to the engine's infancy for this type of work. I would that this engine in one form or other has been around for a very long time. There is a webb site called something like 60degreeev6 which give the history.
    The best mod available at the moment is fitting the 2.0 Turbo engine's F40 gear box and this will give a performance similiar to adding about 20-25 bhp. Hope this helps
    Mark

Comment

Well there's a thought. I guess we will have to wait and see what triple eight have in store when their VXR Performance Centre opens up.

Comment

Thanks Mark
        I take it yours will be/been up at North Walsham already.
        I drove the 2.0T back in September and found it all okay but a gearbox swap is a costly way to go for me.
        Thinking more along the lines of filter/exhaust and remap.
        sigpic

Comment

Remap will work well once sort and I guess the folks at CS are well on the way. I understand that the Miltek exhaust will be sorted soon and if you look at the bhp Miltek achieved (15bhp), then I guess we'll see the about the same. I am always warey of claims, so as you say we'll have to wait and see.
          Do you have a VXR as well?

Comment

Not yet...ordered an estate with almost every option...and then gave the wife the B GSI estate for a late Christmas pressie!
            sigpic

Comment

Cool, when delivery?

Comment

They said 12 weeks....but maybe March 1 with the 06's...fingers crossed
                sigpic

Comment

Ordered mine, at the end of Septmeber and it arrived on 29/11. They are moving faster with the Vectra's than the Astra as the add on bits are fitted next door rather than at the OPC centre. Look forward to seeing it.

Comment

That's cheered me up a little...seen that image of the estates in Germany lining up....so I guess they should be far off.
                    sigpic

Comment

Have you checked the OPC link and downloaded the video. Resolution could be better but really good.

Comment

Where's that?
                        sigpic

Comment

Its in the links page on this site. Its a good video of all the VXR cars to date

Comment

Just seen it...sweet!
                            sigpic

Comment

Have to say the exhaust upgrade cant come quick enough. I find the std system very boomy on the move, and lacks a real note.
                              Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

Working...
                              X