This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick guessing game

With child No.2 on the way I have been toying with the idea of trading in the Beast, i was THE best car while i lived on the continent, but not so practical in the UK.

I went to the local dealers today to ask about a swap with a 150ps diesel Zaffy..The Vec is 18 months old, 14,000 miles and even the dealer said A1 condition. Anyone want to have a guess at the offered trade-in value....?
    Last edited by lanckielad; 10 November 2008, 04:21 PM.

£9500

Comment

if its anything like "webuyyourcar.com" which i put my details in for a giggle, mine is of similar age/mileage, they offered me £8345..... !!!! shocked wasnt in it

Comment

TBH they haven't offered me a final value yet, they are waiting on advice from underwriters (or is that undertakers) but he told me that they would be putting it on the forecourt at £12,995. I'm execting an initial offer tomorrow of 9,500.....

Comment

I'll give you 12K cash. You deliver to my house and find your own way home. Then you can go to the stealers with folding green stuff in your mitt and talk turkey. Whadya say!

Comment

well when i took my astra sri 56 plate 1.8. 33k on the clock to any dealers the most i got offerd was £8k but test drove a burg with no intention of buying it they offerd me £9.8k over the fone the next day so i was like serious they said yea, snapped there hand rite off got the cheque in my hand then gave them the key he started the engine got out and poped the bonnet and said its petrol. the stupid ppl thought it was a 1.9 150ps diesel coz i had it debadged, haha deal of the century......
            INSIGNIA VXR

Comment

Originally posted by milleboy View Post
              I'll give you 12K cash. You deliver to my house and find your own way home. Then you can go to the stealers with folding green stuff in your mitt and talk turkey. Whadya say!
              I'd say don't drink and surf.....however if you really have the readies ready then have a look around this screen for the PM button...

Comment

this seems like a really strange post to me. You have 1 kiddie and another on the way. You have a nice big 5 seat 4 door car and worry it isnt big enough. Do you take the cot assembled everywhere you go.....

We have 2, 4 or 6 kids all the time and the Astra does fine with 2 including twin buggy. Zafira is obviously used for all other times. Even of we have 3 kids or misses and 4 kids only the Astra is big enough

To change to a stinky, child killing bus seems such the wrong thing to do
                sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

Originally posted by jalfrezigazee View Post
                  this seems like a really strange post to me. You have 1 kiddie and another on the way. You have a nice big 5 seat 4 door car and worry it isnt big enough. Do you take the cot assembled everywhere you go.....

We have 2, 4 or 6 kids all the time and the Astra does fine with 2 including twin buggy. Zafira is obviously used for all other times. Even of we have 3 kids or misses and 4 kids only the Astra is big enough

To change to a stinky, child killing bus seems such the wrong thing to do
                  Not at all worried about space, the Beast has toured the continent fully loaded on many occasions.
                  What i AM worried about is massive road tax, huge fuel costs, unrealistic insurance payments and the fact i have been stopped by traffic police three times in the six weeks since we moved back to the UK.

I am caught in the pension trap for the next three years, but as soon as the money is in the bank i will be leaving these shores for good. Till then it is all about spending less money...

Comment

Quick update

I won't be speaking with Vauxhall anymore, negotiations broke down at the initial trade-in valuation. They will only give me £8000...ho hum.....guess i will just have to put up with the extra expense for a few years

Comment

Originally posted by lanckielad View Post
                      I won't be speaking with Vauxhall anymore, negotiations broke down at the initial trade-in valuation. They will only give me £8000...ho hum.....guess i will just have to put up with the extra expense for a few years
                      Ouch!

We just did a deal with a Vec VXR as a part exchange today against a VXR8.

£11,500 for an '07' Vectra....

Comment

Working...
                      X