This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vectra VXR Audio Speakers

I have had my VXR now for about 3 months but I have to say the audio sound quality is awful, compared to the sound system I had in my previous ST220. Does anyone know if there is a speaker upgrade available, or anyone carried out their own uprgade......? Any suggestions welcome, I spend 4-5 hrs per day in the car and its starting to get annoying

There are loads you can do to upgrade your system, all depends on how much you wanna spend and how far you want to go with it

Comment

Thanks for your reply, yeah sorry I really should have thought a bit more before posting a daft question. All I am after is a quick fix really. I will leave the existing factory system in place but looking to improve sound quality with quick & easy some speaker changes. The system badly lacks in bass too, so may consider an amped up sub in the boot to help out. Do you know if the head unit has any RCA outputs....? (I am doubting it...!) Cheers, SJ.

Comment

What stereo have you got m8, if it's satnav then yeah it's down on power compared to the Opera with Dab which I find has a nice deep sound not hugely loud but decent.

Comment

Yep, its the NAVI one. Quick fix ?

Comment

Originally posted by black_vectra_vxr View Post
            Yep, its the NAVI one. Quick fix ?
            My old mans got the Navi in his and agrees that compared to mine it sounds dull, strange thing is Vaux offer the Navi as an upgrade but it's not really.

If you choose the Opera you get better sound, a 6 cd changer and Dab Digital radio which works great, but if you choose the navi you get sat nav yes but you lose the cd changer, the Dab and the sound isn't as good.

how VX can say that's an upgrade is beyond me.

I don't think changing the speakers will make much of a difference as the built in amp is still the same, your best bet is to buy an external amp aswell as speakers (although standard speakers are quite decent with better amplification) if that's the road you want to go down.
            Last edited by Voxer; 11 November 2008, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X