X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vectra PRE Cat pipe - any intrest?

Hi,

I am able to supply de-cated precat pipes for the Vectra VXR, ive read all the ideas you have on them on this forum about fitment and remapping, so my question is do you think there would be a market for them here?

Would you hardcore tuners buy one?

Any input would be great,

Thanks

hi i would be interested in this but am led to believe that the precats in the vectra require a little more work than compared to the corsa or astra could you shed some more light on this
    sigpic
    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

bump???
      sigpic
      GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

From what others say, you need to remove gearbox to be able to remove the old one, but im sure it could be cut in half and took out 2 ways?

Also would need a remap to make the most from it and stop the ecu light coming on

Comment

seems alot of work really, am i right in thinkin the vec has 2 lambda sensors then?
          sigpic
          GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

most people seem to be leaving the pre cat in place, but then removing the 2nd cat from the centre section and having a straight through centre section without sound deadenning

I know of at least 2 on here that have done just that, another few on another vectra forum and several (including me) who would like to do just this

cba with changing the exhaust around for the MOT. However, leaving pre cat but removing the 2nd cat (ala miltek) will still get the car an MOT pass with emissions

Comment

ive just had my centre cat and silencer removed...got a great sound now...but not too much.

Comment

Originally posted by milu View Post
                ive just had my centre cat and silencer removed...got a great sound now...but not too much.
                touche this is a mod all Veccie's need to do if there not changin the zorst, which I have been told is good for 350bhp anyway so i guess changin it is just personal pref.

Sounds lovely once done, does yours pop when changin gear, I've found mine has startin doin it more now than when I first removed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Voxer View Post
                  touche this is a mod all Veccie's need to do if there not changin the zorst, which I have been told is good for 350bhp anyway so i guess changin it is just personal pref.

Sounds lovely once done, does yours pop when changin gear, I've found mine has startin doin it more now than when I first removed the cat.
                  what did you exactly get done??
                  sigpic
                  GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

If i remember rightly spoons did this and lost a good chunk of torque.saying that i would defo be interested in removing the center silencer but keeping the main act on to gain some growl but not loose any performance
                    VXR with extra mojo
                    300.4 bhp and 391 ft/lb Dap Remap
                    Center silence removed
                    DAP R springs now fitted

Comment

Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post
                      what did you exactly get done??
                      Removed middle section and 2nd cat = a little more noise and some nice popping.

never noticed any problems with torque, last RR I got 288bhp and 269llbs
                      after cat and middle section removal.

Comment

Originally posted by Voxer View Post
                        Removed middle section and 2nd cat = a little more noise and some nice popping.

never noticed any problems with torque, last RR I got 288bhp and 269llbs
                        after cat and middle section removal.
                        no problems with decatting ie eml light? did you just replace it with a straight through pipe?
                        sigpic
                        GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

ive had no trouble at all.
                          there is no sensor after the second cat so no lights.
                          sound wise its great...no real intrusion to the cabin,you can hear it but not to much.
                          sounds lovely when 'pressing on'.
                          i havent noticed any lack of performance,i thought maybe a bit more free revving but it could be my imagination.
                          not bad for £50...and you can always put the boxes back.

Comment

ive had no trouble at all.
                            there is no sensor after the second cat so no lights.
                            sound wise its great...no real intrusion to the cabin,you can hear it but not to much.
                            sounds lovely when 'pressing on'.
                            i havent noticed any lack of performance,i thought maybe a bit more free revving but it could be my imagination.
                            not bad for £50...and you can always put the boxes back.
                            free revving sounds about right as there is less restriction without the 2nd cat, im sure iv seen a lambda on the 2nd cat
                            sigpic
                            GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post
                              no problems with decatting ie eml light? did you just replace it with a straight through pipe?
                              As Milu said m8, just happy motoring

And does sound lovely from inside when pushing.

Comment

Working...
                              X