X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR Mods

Hi guys,

Newbie here, hanging my nose over a Vectra VXR but I'm umming and arring.

I have a 3.0CDTi now, sometimes run it with tuning box on, fantastic torque.

Went for a spin a VXR and, well, I wasn't disappointed but it just didn't give my that "Wow, I want it!" feeling in my stomach. Looking at the torque figures for both motors I'm thinking that this V6 diesel is just spoiling me for torque.

Will the Thorney power pack give me that wow feeling ? Anyone near to Mansfield got a remapped one and wants a free tank of fuel to show me what these can do ? :-)

Cheers,
    Joh

I know what you mean about the torque... I had a remapped 1.9 CDTi and never rated the 250 Vectra VXR...

However, you get one of these remapped Vectra VXR's and you wont be dissapointed.... except for the fuel consumption... lol

400 Lb/ft will be enough for most ex-diesel owners.. plus 6-7000 RPM

40mph in 1st
    75mph in 2nd
    110 mph in 3rd

enough said

Comment

Just get a Astra VXR that will give u the wow feeling

Comment

Originally posted by streamline View Post
        Just get a Astra VXR that will give u the wow feeling
        nope that give you WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW feeling
        MB E63s AMG
        MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
        Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
        Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by brano_co View Post
          nope that give you WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW feeling
          Till you see the veccie overtaking then you really say wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Comment

:d:d:d:d:d:d
            sigpic
            GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Originally posted by Voxer View Post
              Till you see the veccie overtaking then you really say wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.
              yep, know that as had test drive with 280bhp one - other drivers was just:woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo w
              MB E63s AMG
              MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
              Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
              Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

ha ha nice one

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by spoons View Post
                    I know what you mean about the torque... I had a remapped 1.9 CDTi and never rated the 250 Vectra VXR...

However, you get one of these remapped Vectra VXR's and you wont be dissapointed.... except for the fuel consumption... lol

400 Lb/ft will be enough for most ex-diesel owners.. plus 6-7000 RPM

40mph in 1st
                    75mph in 2nd
                    110 mph in 3rd

enough said
                    Enough said indeed !

Thanks for the input all, I see much friendly rivalry here

400 Lb/ft would do nicely, certainly more than the 3.0 diesel with box on. I think I've just been given that gentle shove I needed.

Anyone got a (rough) 0-60 figure for a remapped one ?

Thanks !
                    John

Comment

I had a mapped vectra , never really rated it, never got the I want to drive it feeling that I got with the astra, with the diesel you get a big punch of power, same as the astra / zafira , The vactra is frightenley fast, no doubt, but in a smooth controlled way . Depends what you are looking for , even mapped there is no punch to speak of, just power, power, power !!!

Comment

Stage 2 Vectra VXR is quite mad. 400+lb of torque needs to be experienced really.

Last edited by Thorney; 13 November 2008, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney View Post
                          Stage 2 Vectra VXR is quite mad. 400+lb of torque needs to be experienced really.

I think i speak for all Veccie owners when I say "We LOVE THORNEY."

Question for you, I want my remap before Xmas but wondering if the Blue fin is ready for the vectra or do i need an onsite remap.

Oh and which of your branches is closest, i live in ayrshire.

Comment

I think i speak for all Veccie owners when I say "We LOVE THORNEY."

Question for you, I want my remap before Xmas but wondering if the Blue fin is ready for the vectra or do i need an onsite remap.

Oh and which of your branches is closest, i live in ayrshire.
                            Thats a question I would also be interested in hearing the answer to.

It is stable enough to use at home? I know the Vecs can be a pain.

Also, (sorry to fire a million questions at you) if I were to get a blue fin, does it have the map on it or do i get a choice of maps?
                            Also, your dyno print out says stage 1.

Comment

Sadly the Vectra isn't Bluefin enabled, has to be done here. Would be fun drive back though and all done on the dyno.

Comment

Working...
                              X