This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels and Climate.

Looking at getting a veccie VXR, after once again (repeatedly over the last 6 months on and off), getting the bug of wanting one.

Seen one, which the dealer stated has 19" chrome wheels, and climate.

1 - is climate control any good, any better than not? and what do the buttons and stuff look like?

2 - is there 2 types of 19", chrome and sort of grey colour? (i assume the 19's are the common ones we see, not snowflakes).

gonna cost me about 7k in cash to ditch the estate, getting an arden, 57 plate, with nav, 8k miles.

I'm an Astra owner but for what its worth ... climate is well worth it - on auto you just forget it, and it does the job, and on the Astra it ups the spec on the display, which is brilliant. I think the difference on the wheels (19" aren't the snowflake) are between old and new ones - like mine old (55 plate) silver, newer ones are that shaded gunmetal grey.

It's the £7K that would make me think hard. I don't think there is a differential that big between your 2.2 and that. IMO the 2.2 is as sweet as a nut (I've owned 2 in the Astra) and would rate it above the VXR Astra, if it weren't for the extra ooomph from the turbo. These days, I'm afraid, the old VXR's aren't worth much at all, and I'm wondering whether the 2.2 might gain a bit of ground in the CO2 stakes??

Comment

Originally posted by red1 View Post
      I'm an Astra owner but for what its worth ... climate is well worth it - on auto you just forget it, and it does the job, and on the Astra it ups the spec on the display, which is brilliant. I think the difference on the wheels (19" aren't the snowflake) are between old and new ones - like mine old (55 plate) silver, newer ones are that shaded gunmetal grey.

It's the £7K that would make me think hard. I don't think there is a differential that big between your 2.2 and that. IMO the 2.2 is as sweet as a nut (I've owned 2 in the Astra) and would rate it above the VXR Astra, if it weren't for the extra ooomph from the turbo. These days, I'm afraid, the old VXR's aren't worth much at all, and I'm wondering whether the 2.2 might gain a bit of ground in the CO2 stakes??
      Your post is a little confusing m8

if i've read wrong then shunt me one.

It looks like you said there isn't much difference between the 2.2 veccie and a VXR veccie, theres a HUGE difference in looks, interior, handling and especially performance, veccie hits 60 in 6.1 and tops out at 161+
      2.2 is nowhere near that.

and the astras slower too

Comment

No, I was comparing 2.2 vs 2.0turbo Astra, not the veccie. Am I right thinking the 2.2 is more modern, much better, just dosn't pull as much bhp without turbo?

Don't know about 2.7turbo, must be great, but nobody wants them, do they? Then there's the new Insigna, so there's a double wammy here?

Comment

Climate is well worth it, but hard to find on the 2nd hand market

Its dual zone, so you have a temperate control for the left hand side, and a temp control for the right hand side

You just set the temp and it takes care of the rest for you. Theres a manual front and rear demist button. Obviously the rear one puts the rear heater on and the heater in the wing mirrors, but the front one does a nice mix of air condionned cold and hot air blown directly at the screen with full force. Clears the screen in seconds if its misted up.

As for the wheels, all 57 cars onwards have the new anthracite style wheel. You'll need to find a 56 plate or 07 plate car 2nd hand to get the old style wheels.

Comment

No, I was comparing 2.2 vs 2.0turbo Astra, not the veccie. Am I right thinking the 2.2 is more modern, much better, just dosn't pull as much bhp without turbo?

Don't know about 2.7turbo, must be great, but nobody wants them, do they? Then there's the new Insigna, so there's a double wammy here?
            2.2 is a great engine and smooth as hell, but is a few years older than the Astras 2.0 turbo engine and nowhere near as much fun.

They updated the 2.2 a couple of years ago to make it direct fuel injection but is still the same block.

Don't know about the 2.7turbo, never heard of it, Veccie's have 2.8TScroll Turbo and are fairly popular and quite a few Astra guys have moved over to one.

Comment

I want one 2.8 v8 turbo that is
              Arden Blue Vauxhall Vectra VXR 666 Gone But Not Forgotton

Comment

Originally posted by Voxer View Post
                Veccie's have 2.8TScroll Turbo and are fairly popular and quite a few Astra guys have moved over to one.
                Biggest mistake I ever made

None have chrome alys as standard, though the new ones are diamond cut, but a VX dealer wouldn`t know a diamond from a piece of coal, so probably what they mean !

Comment

Working...
                X