X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vectra Phase 2 - 190 mph

So what happened with 'Vectra Phase 2'

Havent heard any more about it.... does one exist ?

Car was written off and the project binned due to some technical difficulties I believe ...

Comment

On order.....;>
      sigpic

Comment

this one you mean ?

Comment

Originally posted by In a state View Post
          On order.....;>
          Who you got it 'on order' with ??
          Originally posted by dap View Post
          this one you mean ?

Dave... is this real.... is it a demo car or something? is it yours?

I want to get a drive in one to see what they are like?

I drove the original 888 EDS car before it was 'broke'... but it was such a long time ago... I cant remember what it was like fully...

Comment

EDS Test Car .

I think MPG are doing one.

Development our end has stopped, basically no funding, shame but Hey ho !!!

Comment

Contact Midpoint garage, his was in bits, getting stage 2 fitted last time I saw it at his garage, it should be finished now.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrben View Post
                Contact Midpoint garage, his was in bits, getting stage 2 fitted last time I saw it at his garage, it should be finished now.
                ok... just spoke with Ian and he's given me a complete run down of whats happening...

He will be posting up the results of this Stage II car very soon... so will be going up to Cheshire to take the car for a drive to see how the power is delivered.

I've been waiting for a while for this....

Comment

Originally posted by spoons View Post
                  ok... just spoke with Ian and he's given me a complete run down of whats happening...

He will be posting up the results of this Stage II car very soon... so will be going up to Cheshire to take the car for a drive to see how the power is delivered.

phase 2 for the vectra is now very nearly completed
                  had the first dyno run at the weekend 309.3 bhp /425.4 lbft but the clutch is slipping slightly
                  the actuator on the car is not fully wound up due to the clutch on the dyno it is boosting to 17psi holding 15psi no problem est power from this conversion 350-380 bhp
                  the power delivery is very smooth on the road from 2500 rpm all the way up to 5700 rpm.
                  the cats have been removed from this car but we have retained the center section of the exhaust so we have some back pressure on the turbo so lambda is measured correctly
                  we have had no problems with engine lights or water temp
                  the water temp stays at 83 degrees constant all the time when on the move even at high demand on the engine
                  we have had no problem with the lambda either it reads 0.8 so we know its not to lean and wont cause any problems and will pass mot
                  price for phase 2 will be released in the next week
                  Last edited by Midpoint Garage; 17 November 2008, 06:17 PM.

Comment

would an astra vxr pass an mot with no cats?

Comment

Originally posted by colinm2 View Post
                      would an astra vxr pass an mot with no cats?
                      possably won't know untill someone trys it but if that vectra is running 0.8 lamda at fast idle 2500-3000rpm that won't
                      for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by timmee View Post
                        possably won't know untill someone trys it but if that vectra is running 0.8 lamda at fast idle 2500-3000rpm that won't
                        i think i can answer this and its a no i'm afird it very close but just not enough to get though mot

Comment

Originally posted by spoons View Post
                          Get it done Steve and I'll see you at Santa Pod

Comment

Originally posted by Mystvxr View Post
                            Get it done Steve and I'll see you at Santa Pod
                            lol... I'd have absolutely no chance against your VXR8 Chris - lol

I highly suspect that the 0-60 time would get WORSE... due to wheelspin

Its the midrange that I would expect to be improved greatly...

1/4 mile time should be improved maybe into the very high 13's... but not low 13's / high 12's like yours

Comment

There is one thing Ian at Midpoint Garages told me... that I really struggled to understand...

I asked about MPG changes with the new turbo.. He reckoned he was getting 38-40 mpg on the motorway at 80-90

I've only ever got 38-40+ when driving like miss daisy and keeping the revs under 2,000 rpm to not engage the turbo.... steady 56 mph.... sort of thing...

Why would the mpg improve so much with a new turbo?

Comment

Working...
                              X