This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDC 70 Price rise?

Just checked the vxl website and noticed that the CDC70 on the vectra is now a £1250 option - wasn't it £800 just last week?
    Why such an increase?
    sigpic

Yes your right, it did definately say it was £800 and it has changed. I always thought £800 was a very reasonable price. £1,250 is still quite good value however.

Comment

Good Value!!
      Don't think so.... a 50% increase in price.
      Petrol took almost 20 years to do that!
      Personnally I'll stick with the DAB anyday...as I know my way around already ;>
      sigpic

Comment

The original reason for the £800 was the VXR was fitted with a colour screen already so did not require the £450 screen. SO I guess they may well have changed the spec or its a mis-print.

Comment

Good Value in comparison with some of the factory fit systems from other manufacturers. For example the last time I looked the BMW one is nearly £2k
          I can recommend the DAB unit. We came back from Devon today and Gabriel wanted to listen to the Manchester Derby. Radio 5 Live was for once audible.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
            The original reason for the £800 was the VXR was fitted with a colour screen already so did not require the £450 screen. SO I guess they may well have changed the spec or its a mis-print.
            That's intersting, our VXR doesn't have a colour screen.

Comment

Hmmmm may explain why then. DOes your car have automatic A/C

Comment

Yes it does. Actually that question has prompted me to raise a point. I have noticed that when I picked the car up yesterday I could press the Auto button to switch it on (little orange light came on). Now I can't actually turn it off.
                Is that correct?

Comment

Is it climate or auto. As the the only auto button I have is the windscreen auto, but my fan speed dial has a auto position to regulate the cabin temperature. This method is not as good as climate. If it true auto then the button should turn off, climate may need something else operated, such as turn the fan to manual. Let me know

Comment

Definately the dual zone electronic climate control. From memory there is an auto button to the left, I think the windscreen de-mist is on the right.

Comment

At a guess you may need to operate the fan manually and it then turns off the auto facility

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
                        Fair enough, was just that I almost ordered one...but opted for something else instead.
                        Just a bit shocked to see the increase.
                        I did notice that the vxr in my dealer has a sort of plastic surround at the edge of the screen so at a guess that is very similar to my MID in our GSi...its just the basic stuff.
                        So with the ECC can I expect the larger screen also?
                        sigpic

Comment

I think but don't hold me too it, you will still only get the smaller screen. I know in the Astras that unless you order Nav you do not get the colour screen. However, also on the Astra I know you can change the screen to colour, but withth associated cost of about £600. I think the problem is they change everything from day to day. I didn't expect to xenon's but due to a supply issue they decided to fit xenon's

Comment

Xenon's are standard fit on the Vectra...hence the headlight washers.
                            http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vx/vxfilte...ionItemDetails
                            sigpic

Comment

Sorry what I meant to say , the car was never due to have xenon, just optical dipp beam, but VXl decided to change. Interestingly they didn't intend om fitting cruise!!!, until I asked why not and they then decided too. Crazy

Comment

Working...
                              X