This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic Fuel Consumption

Ok the car had about 75 miles on it this morning, so I filled it up and did a 192 mile round trip to Exeter. Went back to the same pump, filled it back up with 95 RON and then calculated the fuel consumption.
    Taking into account that is a new engine and it still needs to loosen up, the last thing I was expecting was a consumption figure for the journey of 30.2 MPG.
    I am seriously impressed with that.

Did say it was good. You may find that using optimax , although more to buy, may return a better consumption. Of course you did not say how fast you where travelling tee hee

Comment

Well at times I had to back off as the car was too quick for the road. Also coming back up through the chedder gorge wouldn't have done the consumption any good.
      I have to say I have never really got on with Optimax. We had a Subaru WRX which should have lived on the stuff, but in Wiltshire we don't have that many Shell stations I have tended to stay away from the stuff.

Comment

I think Vauxhalls work very well on Optimax, but don't seem to like BP much, but perhaps it's fickle me.

Comment

I will give it a whirl next time a pass our nearest shell station (assuming they have recovered from buncefield).
          Agree with you about the BP stuff, I only had one good experience with that fuel and that was in a Focus C Max. On pistonheads there is also lots of discussion about Tescos 99 RON fuel. That might be worth a try.

Comment

Working...
          X