Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between TMS and Courtenay Remap ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between TMS and Courtenay Remap ?

Now dont turn this into a tuner war, lets please stick to the facts boys

ok first off, sparky took his 255 PS Vec VXR to courtenay and came back with 300bhp and 414lb/ft

What actual tuning method do they use, is it an EDS map or ?

Secondly, looking at the Thorney website, they state +35bhp for the remap, but then post a RR graph of their "tuned" vec VXR ( see here), now this is obviously only from a 255 PS VXR, but even still the one they "showcase" barely makes 20bhp over stock, let alone the 35bhp they claim.

Given that sparky got 300bhp from his courtenay remap, and somebody obviously only got 272bhp and 360 lb/ft from thorneys can i conclude that the courtenays remap gives better peak power/torque figures ?

2ndly, what map do TMS use and what are the difference between the map that courtenays use (if any)

god luck............
    WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Courtenay use maps from http://www.klasen-motors.de/
      TMS use maps from http://www.superchips.co.uk/
      Regal use EDS maps from germany
      the truth is out there
      part GSI part VXR
      tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

This should be an interesting thread!!

Comment

Originally posted by andy_gdon View Post
          This should be an interesting thread!!
          But not as interesting as my tuners thread lol

Astra

Comment

The 35 BHP improvement is the max BHP increase between stock map and the remap somewhere along the power curve.Not the increase at peak BHP.

Comment

does one have more low down power than the other?

Comment

Mr Lol, I think that the TMS website shows the wrong power projections for a stage 1 vec.

If you look at the powermap image next to the stage 2 Vecs, it says on the top right corner, Vec VXR stage 1, and gives 300bhp and around 380 lb/ft. Which is what you should expect.

Macca already has his exhaust done and achieved 305 bhp and 420 lb/ft through a TMS map.

I think you can expect around 300 bhp and 380-410 lb/ft from TMS map alone
                Cortenays map is newer (i think) so they have squeezed a little more torque.

Just my observations.
                Last edited by Netstar; 29 November 2008, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Last few Vectras we have done have all put out impressive results, all over 300bhp and 400 or over torque.

TMS gives you a 3 year / 60000mile warranty also.

of course the choise is yours.

Maccas did put out an impressive 306 and 420lbft with a Cat Back exhaust
                  sigpic
                  My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Originally posted by Dazturbo6502 View Post
                    Maccas did put out an impressive 306 and 420lbft with a Cat Back exhaust
                    Jesus, that must fly!!! That must be sooooo damn nice to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR View Post
                      Jesus, that must fly!!! That must be sooooo damn nice to drive.

You know it
                      sigpic
                      My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

has sparky changed his exhaust or did his put out them impressive figures using a standard system and if it did i wonder how much more he would gain from a better exhaust????
                        for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Comment

Website is out of date, its being updated as we get round to it, there have been a lot of changes of late.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney View Post
                            Website is out of date, its being updated as we get round to it, there have been a lot of changes of late.

300 bhp and 415 torques sounds lovely Thorney

Just let me know next time your goingto Rochdale.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazturbo6502 View Post
                              Last few Vectras we have done have all put out impressive results, all over 300bhp and 400 or over torque.

TMS gives you a 3 year / 60000mile warranty also.
                              to be honest this is what i was expecting from thorneys

making thorneys £550 remap including the 3 year warranty a no brainer

But i got slightly worried at the graph on the website only showing 272bhp.

Comment

Working...
                              X