This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro fitting of Electrochromatic Rear View Mirror

Correct me of I'm wrong but the Vectra comes sans the "Electrochromatic (auto dipping) Rear View Mirror" as standard.
    So how easy would it be to retro fit one....surely the wiring would aready be in the headlining?
    sigpic

I question Stuart H on this and the germans do not fit. I think, probably as you, they should of fitted on a car this expensive. I will try and foind out but you would be so surprised as to what wiring they do not fit these days. Even the Vectra B had multiple wiring looms, where it all depended which option you had and how independent it was to thers, nightmare!!!!!!!

Comment

I agree it should be standard along with the rain sensors...just maybe they have held it back for maybe the 2007 model like they did with the xenon's on the B GSi during 2000/2001.
      sigpic

Comment

Even our Citroen C4 has an electochromatic rear view mirror, rain sensing wipers and auto headlights. So I totally agree with you that really the Vectra should have them fitted as standard.

Comment

Spoke with someone in the know and he suspects the wiring will be a nightmare and also some cutting of the roof lining will be required.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong.
            But had a look at the VXR saloon in the local dealer today...is the rain sensor and ec mirror one unit?
            And is the whole windscreen different, ie...the black outline around the sensor?
            Maybe it's time to start hunting the scrappies for Elite's and Design's
            sigpic

Comment

Not sure really , I havn't studied it well enough. Let me try and find out, my real concern is the wiring, not so much the fitting itself. The trouble is the wiring system can cascade. I am sure it could be fitted, but recon unless the wiirng is in place already it may just tooooo much

Comment

Working...
              X