This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Control Problem

Not sure if I have a problem with the cruise control. All was working perfectly well yesterday. I used it today on the dual carriageway up to the motorway, it was fine for a short period of time, then I noticed the next time I went to use it, it was a little slow to engage. Anyway I then wanted to use it 5 minutes later on the motorway and nothing (it just wouldn't work).
    Left the car in the car park for an hour, got back on the motorway and it was OK again. Then after 10 minutes I noticed that the next time I pressed the button the button (to increase the car's speed) it actually turned off and again wouldn't re-engage.
    Am I doing something wrong? I didn't have this problem with the cruise on the Vectra I got as a courtesy car from TVR, so I have assumed there is a problem with the VXR.

Can't see you doing sometihng wrong, its a pretty straight forward system.
    Think you are going to unfortunatly have to get it checked out
    Lets us know how you get on...
    | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

At my dealership
      we have had a few vectra,s with the same problem
      tends to be a faulty clutch switch.
      take it back to the dealer

Comment

Does sound liek to have a problem. I thought I had a problem when I first got mine, but it turned out to be me, The Vectra electrics run on a type of network, and where I would press the button on my previous Vectra and it would engage, even if you held the button on, with this a press and release action is the only thing to get it going. If you keep the button pressed it will not activate.

Comment

Co-incidentally, our new Vectra Design Estate did the same thing to me yesterday. Cruise control wouldn't work for a few minutes and then it did! Oh well, back to the dealership then!

Comment

I am droping our car into the dealer tomorrow for them to have a quick look. I have to say I am very pleased so far with the service I am getting. When I reported it to them yesterday I was told I would get a call today. Of course I thought yeah yeah, it will get to 3.30pm and I will have to call them to chase.
            I couldn't have been more wrong, 10am and the phone rang.

Comment

i actually had the same problem with my astra
              it hasnt happened lately but within the first week of owning
              one minute it would work and the next it wouldnt, i have had the VXR since 23rd Dec. Trialed it yesterday on a drive over to Wales and back and it worked without any problems this time

Comment

Car is booked in for next Monday to have the problem properly looked into. Apparantly the D.P's Signum has had similar problems and the service advisor clearly knew about the clutch swith problem as mentioned earlier.

Comment

As has been said this fairly common on the Vectra C, had exactly the same problem with mine, dealer sorted it while I waited.

Comment

it needs an upgrade or replace a sim man had the same prob with me 3.2 after it got a new sim everything was good

Comment

I had the same problem on my Vectra SRi about a year ago. Unfortunately it was the first sign of a computer failure on the car. I started having all kinds of engine management problems. Eventually they replaced the computer and everything ran smoothly thereafter.

Comment

My old vectra C gsi also had this problem, an ignition off and on used to reset it and it would be fine for a couple of days usually

Comment

My first Vectra did this, driving away from the Leeds dealership with my first (second hand) Vectra, got on the motorway and tried it, nothing!
                          Went back to them, they put a new ECU on, could'nt programme it, had to send for another it worked. I picked the car up two days later, fine. Then 3 weeks later went again, new switch fitted. I sold it a year later, not working.
                          My next Vectra went within 2 months (second hand), new pedal box fitted, lasted 2 months, went again, this time I waited for the car to have a new switch and spring fitted. When told by text message on my mobile it was done (I was sat in front of the receptionist at the time) I went out to the car opened the door.............
                          only to find the new spring sat on the drivers seat!
                          I think the idea was to fit it myself !
                          It was fine after that, but, I thought it was the way I drove them, since my dealer had no other Vectras with this problem !!!!!!

Hope the VXR holds out

Comment

Vectra cruise control not working

My Vectra 2.2 Design has been in to the local Vauxhall dealer in Portsmouth (Evans halshaw), 3 times. The last time they said the cruise control was working. When i took it in it was NOT working. It appears that when they hook up the diagnostic tool it seems to fix the problem for about 4 days. then it just stops working.
                            I intend to log on this web site everytime I take it in. looks like you are going to hear a lot from me. i dont think they know how to fix it. It is obviously a software problem.

Comment

Hmm if it works for a period of time and then stops I would suspect that the ECU is possibly resetting itself. If this is the case I would suggest to them that they try replacing the ECU with a new unit. Keep us posted and hope it gets fixed :wink:

Comment

Working...
                              X