This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KW Variant + Vectra VXR = WIN!

oK guys sorry for the delay, it was my little ones 1st birthday yesterday so I've been a bit busy with that, but at least its given me time to test the new suspension before writing this.

This is a pic of what has been fitted to the car, I've posted this as its difficult to get a pic of them on the car as theres not alot of clearence between the wheel and arch anymore.

Ok, Here how the car looks now. Pic first then review

As Vec owners can tell, its a fair bit lower, I could have gone lower, but was happy with how this is sitting now, plus theres a **** load of speed humps in my area, so though it was best

Ok to put Spoons and Macca at ease, there was no issues with the IDS system at all! The only thing was, the standard shocks have a little place to clip on the electrical connector, but the KW's dont, so this had to be zip-tied up out of the way. Once thats done, it was just a matter of Tech 2 to override the fault code lighting up the warning light on dash.

Ok, so is it any good? OH MY GOD YES!

There is very little body roll, and you can really really give it some mid bend. It seems to have loads of additional grip. Previously (as I'm sure all Vectra VXR owners know) you have to do a fair bit of feathering to maintain grip through hard cornering, but I was surprised by how much throttle i could give it with out too much of a worry. I'm still getting used to it, but so far so good.

I don't know if this next part is just in my head, but the car seems to have a fair bit more traction off the line and also feels less bothered by hard braking. I'm sure someone with better knowledge will be along to tell me if its just in my head

Ride is obvioulsy firm, firmer than the standard shocks with the sport button depressed. You feel alot more from the road, I found it strange but its a good thing i suppose.

Speedhumps are a little bit of a worry as as I mentioned earlier theres millions of them around my area, some pretty damn high, but i've cleared the onse I've come across so far without any worries.

So Macca and Spoons, when you ordering some?

very nice mate
    WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Originally posted by Netstar View Post
      Ok, so is it any good? OH MY GOD YES!
      Brilliant... well done that man !!

I don't know if this next part is just in my head, but the car seems to have a fair bit more traction off the line and also feels less bothered by hard braking. I'm sure someone with better knowledge will be along to tell me if its just in my head
      Exactly right... thats what you would expect.. less 'dive' under braking and less 'lift' under accelleration... good
      So Macca and Spoons, when you ordering some?
      Lol... when my shocks get 'leaky'

IT LOOKS SUPERB !!!!

Comment

Oh... once you are settled on the ride height... dont forget to get all your wheels realigned... that will make a huge difference as well regarding 'feel' and tyre wear.

Comment

Nice one Spoons

Yeah my mate who fitted mentioned that, he had the option to set a camper but decided not to for the sake of my tyres.

Yup, tracking will get done ASAP, when we fitted them first we set them to one height, then took it out for a quick spin, when we got back it had dropped another 5-6 mil. So its set to generally about a 40mm drop all round now. Im going to re-measure on Staurday and adjust again as she should have settled by then.

Once thats done, then ill sort the tracking out

Comment

When I debate what I want to spend my money on 1st hahaha

Looking good though dude

Comment

Awesome, i like that a lot!!

Macca, get it bought
              sigpic
              My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Get me a god damn price then dude!!! Varients 1, 2 & 3 though as we wanna see more vec on track time

Comment

Well it depends how much 'Monies' you want to spend!
                  sigpic
                  My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

That's why I want a price on all 3 dimebar

Comment

ill do ya 3 dimebars for a pound plus 2.50 postage
                      WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Netstar... where abouts are you based in the UK... anywhere near the Midlands ??

Comment

Originally posted by spoons View Post
                          Netstar... where abouts are you based in the UK... anywhere near the Midlands ??
                          Depends what part of the midlands mate.

Im in South Wales. About 30 mins outside of Cardiff.

What you thinking?

Comment

What you thinking?
                            He wants to drive your car

Comment

very nice stance your car is now riding.

Comment

Working...
                              X