This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me interesting stuff......

I just recently aquired my 08 plate vectra with just a few thousand miles on the clock...

I know my Vauxhall's but would welcome suggestions on anything
    I should check / look out for ?

Also has there ben any recalls ?

Recalls: the handbrake

Things to watch out for: Speed cameras, unmarked patrol cars, camera vans, irish pork, the fuel gauge, uneven pavements, and fake perfume.

dv.

Comment

Originally posted by dvinell View Post

Things to watch out for: Speed cameras, unmarked patrol cars, camera vans, irish pork, the fuel gauge, uneven pavements, and fake perfume.

dv.
      sigpic
      GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Originally posted by dvinell View Post

dv.
        sigpic

Comment

There's a few dodgy designer bags around too
          (hand bags of course)

Comment

My handbag collection is very small. But what I do have is genuine

Comment

CHECKS.......

You should check your 19" wheels on the inside rim for cracks. 19" VXR wheels are prone to cracking on the inside rim for a few people

You should check your tyre pressures every week at least, it makes a huge difference to handling and braking from high speeds

You should check your tyres for punctures, cracks, deformaties & problems before high speed runs

You should check that you leave the car in gear when parked. You CANNOT rely on the handbrake... you will lose your car down the street otherwise

You should check you have a full tank of fuel before your journey to ensure you get back home

You should check your mirrors before pulling out as its likely that I will be approaching fast

You should check that you always brake heavily in a straight line, be in the correct gear with the correct speed and balance the car before the apex of a corner using your heal and toe on both the brake and accelerator

You should check that you have the Anti-Hijack autolocking feature enabled. (Shuts all the doors at 10mph automatically)

You should check that you have reset your fuel computers (BC1 & BC2) before you take your car into the dealers. You can then examine them upon collection and decide if they have taken your pride and joy for an unauthorised 'spin'.. average speed and fuel used is a good one...

You should check that you have your car engine remapped using a quality tuner off this site. It will give you much more power, and better fuel economy (if you dont use the 'much more' power)

Look out for.....

You should look out for your FREE British Touring Car Championship tickets courtacy of Vauxhall on this site

You should look out for pot holes in the road and avoid them at 'nearly all' costs

You should look out for special offers in the 'for sale section'

You should look out for three little ariels on the roof of cars before you race them down the duel carriageway

You should look out for understeer. This means that you are using to much power into a corner. The car will want to go straight ahead, which is not good. Use the power gently on corners, especially in the wet

You should look out for CHAVS and avoid them at all costs. Do not race them.... they will draw the POLICE to you with their exhaust noise and will probably outbrake themselves and crash into the back of you

You should look out for the facial expressions from owners of prestige 'high performance' cars who cannot beleave you've overtook them on the Nurburgring...... in a Vectra !! ...... its priceless
              Last edited by spoons; 17 December 2008, 09:54 AM.

Comment

lol nice post spoons.

Comment

Anyone find the ride bone chattering? Im on 18's on an SRi, with the Ex Pack, and the ride is horrible compared to my sri estate on 17's.

Comment

you should try 19s with the VXR suspension.

Comment

Working...
                    X