Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4x4

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 4x4

    Maybe a silly question but was wondering seen as the insignia is using a 4x4 system with the 2.8 then would it therefor be possible to convert the vxr to 4x4?

  • #2
    Originally posted by k90gss View Post
    Maybe a silly question but was wondering seen as the insignia is using a 4x4 system with the 2.8 then would it therefor be possible to convert the vxr to 4x4?

    If your talking about the Vectra VXR at the moment, anything is possible with a stack of cash !!! Dont know whether it's very cost effective though

    Comment


    • #3
      if you are talking about new Insignia VXR - this one shut be 4x4 as i know, but as the post before, with lot of money you can do also Vectra/Insignia 6x6 for better grip
      MB E63s AMG
      MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
      Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
      Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

      Comment


      • #4
        Best bet would be to use the Haldex AWD system from the Saab 9-3 Turbo X as that car uses the same Epsilon I platform as the Vectra.
        Insignia uses Epsilon II platform which was designed from scratch as AWD/FWD and has a longer wheelbase.
        Sure somebody will give it a go eventually
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          If the cash stack is big enough, anything is possible.

          Didn't someone transplant a 5.7 v8 Monaro engine into an Astra coupe?? Proof that theres no limit on what can be done, so long as theres no limit on your wallet

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes Netstar, a guy called Pete that Daz & Marc know was the man with that Astra

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Insignia VXR View Post
              Best bet would be to use the Haldex AWD system from the Saab 9-3 Turbo X as that car uses the same Epsilon I platform as the Vectra.
              Insignia uses Epsilon II platform which was designed from scratch as AWD/FWD and has a longer wheelbase.
              Sure somebody will give it a go eventually
              Or to trade the Vextra in for the 9-3.
              I see dumb people.......
              .....they're everywhere
              .....they walk around like everyone else
              .....they don't even know they're dumb

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Drunken Master View Post
                Or to trade the Vextra in for the 9-3.
                Not worth it...... The Vectra is better spec'd and cheaper than the 9-3, thats why I went for the Vectra

                Comment


                • #9
                  Or get the insignia SRI 4x4 2.0l turbo get a remap upto 300bhp and your sorted

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Macca View Post
                    Yes Netstar, a guy called Pete that Daz & Marc know was the man with that Astra
                    And OH MY GOD....What a car!!!!!!


                    Im due my Drive in that actually
                    sigpic
                    My VXR from Start to Finish

                    Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X