This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyres keep need pumping up!!!

ive got oringinal conti tyres on my car ,but seem to have to keep checking tyres and pumping the up every other week ,2 were under 30 today and i only pumped them up last week ,surely all of them cant have slow punctures!!!!! anyone got any ideas why????

Out of interest are you on the 19's?

I have the same issue and believed it to be slow puntcures, but i think it may be doen to the alloys themsleves as i can find no evidence of punctures

Comment

Have them checked out - if there's no punctures it could be down to cracks in the alloys themselves

Also be aware that there is a big difference in pressure reading when the tyre is hot and cold

Astra

Comment

yes they are 19.s

Comment

could be the 'cracking' in the 19's slowly leaking air or could be your rim seal
          sigpic
          GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

that sure does sound like the cracking issue, do a quickie search in the Vectra section and you will find a huge thread on that topic
            sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
            Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

Originally posted by jalfrezigazee View Post
              that sure does sound like the cracking issue, do a quickie search in the Vectra section and you will find a huge thread on that topic
              Yup

your rims will be cracked and leaking air

Heres the thread http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7569

Comment

great!!!!! so do i need new wheels???

Comment

they will probably need welding

Comment

Originally posted by dns View Post
                    great!!!!! so do i need new wheels???
                    How do alloys crack anyway?

Go to a tyre company they can plug punctures cost bout £10

Comment

Originally posted by Kenobi_cztoc View Post
                      How do alloys crack anyway?

Go to a tyre company they can plug punctures cost bout £10
                      the alloys are prone to cracking unfortunately.

Its an inherent flaw in large alloy wheels. The aluminium alloys that are used on normal consumer alloys are quite weak. When you stretch this weak metal over large widths (like the 235 wide VXR wheels) it stresses them and makes them very prone to fractures

Usually hitting pot holes too hard etc.. will cause this.

See the thread above about this, quite a few have had this problem and a tyre bung wont solve the problem. There is no air sight seal between the tyre and the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by MrLOL View Post
                        the alloys are prone to cracking unfortunately.

Its an inherent flaw in large alloy wheels. The aluminium alloys that are used on normal consumer alloys are quite weak. When you stretch this weak metal over large widths (like the 235 wide VXR wheels) it stresses them and makes them very prone to fractures

Usually hitting pot holes too hard etc.. will cause this.

See the thread above about this, quite a few have had this problem and a tyre bung wont solve the problem. There is no air sight seal between the tyre and the wheel.
                        Wow good info, been interesting to see some photos of said cracks (no pun intended) My little car only got 16"

Comment

Wow good info, been interesting to see some photos of said cracks (no pun intended) My little car only got 16"
                          If you read further up the thread theres a link. The pics in there!
                          Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
                          sigpic

Comment

like this

Comment

Thats one of the reasons I sold my 19" Ronal VXR alloys and now wear 18" 888 Racing Wheels. Much stronger, better comfort and more performance

Comment

Working...
                              X