This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insp 1000

My vectra now has 8424 miles on it's back. The instrument panel is telling me it needs an Inspection in 1000 miles !
    My local dealer say's it should be 20000 or 1 year as per other Vectra's.
    He can't understand why it's showing this and is not willing to reset the panel as other service miles will be out.

Any one know anything different ?
    Cheers

Mine has just come on and i've got 9400 miles showing but the car is nearly a year old, Think it depends on how you drive it. If its foot to the floor all the time onboard computer brings service forward!

Comment

Never !!!!
      I drive it with extreme care , especially on the motorway !!!

Comment

Mine came on about 11k & the dealer reset though.

Comment

mines came on at 6600 miles but the car was just coming up on a year old. hold in the trip reset button on the clocks for a few seconds with the ignition on and that will cancel it

Comment

If I reset it, will it upset the 1 year/20000 service indicator !!!!
            Its not due until June.

Comment

Mine came on at 11 Months/9000 Miles.

Off to TMS on the 20th for it's first service plus a Stage 1
              DAP Springs, EDS Precat decat, TD 1.2, Quaife diff, mapped, RSS Lightweight Clutch - Job done!

Comment

Sorry, forgive my ignorance, what's a stage 1 ???

Comment

It's a remap of the car's ECU it gives more power and torque.

Comment

Mine's just come on after 9000miles but the car was a year old on 1st march. Is the car able to tell when a year has passed?
                    What your of price are you guys being charged for a vxl dealer service.

Comment

Looks like I shall find out the price soon, the Insp now says "0"
                      And I shall test them with this re-map on the ECU!!!

Comment

Booked mine for a service at vxl today as it now show inps0. Dealer told me that it comes on automatically after a year regardless of mileage. They rekon about £170 for the service

Comment

Can't understand that! I am showing 0 but its still got 3 months to 1 year old !

Comment

Originally posted by Richo
                            Looks like I shall find out the price soon, the Insp now says "0"
                            And I shall test them with this re-map on the ECU!!!
                            What your dealer and a remap....I wouldn't bother...better speak to the folk how know.
                            sigpic

Comment

I guess the year's timer starts from when the battery was first hooked up to the car. My old 3.2 gsi had eco-flex servicing which adjusted depending on how you drove it but vxl tell me the vxr does not have this. Simply 20000 or 12 months

Comment

Working...
                              X