• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Boy about to get a VXR!

Hello all,

Nice to meet you.

Just found this great site!

I have just brought a beautiful new blue Vectra VXR and due to take delivery of it on 17th March.....I hope!

Is there anything I should look out for when getting this car?

Is it true that new ones don't even come with floor mats?(£60 extra!!)....Surely this just can't be the case! May be some one out there who has just had a new one will be able to confirm this for me.

I have been a Vectra fan for ages this will be my 5th new one. I started with the 1.8 LS, 2.0 SRi, 2.5 SRi, 2.6SRi and now have the 3.2 GSi that I love very much it has the full body kit and 2 twin tail pipes (looks a fearsome beast! that everyone seems to look at.I have never seen another like it!)......Can the VXR be so different I wonder?

Phil

Totally different. The astra eats the gsi. The vec is around same performance although slightly higher tourque mid range. You will be on a par with an M3.

Comment

Hi,

Mine was an 07MY delivered in November, and it came with the mats.
      I know the Astra VXR doesn't come with the mats.

The main thing to watch out for is to be a bit gentle with the right hand pedal if you haven't driven one before: it doesn't take much to end up going very quickly!

Main difference with the VXR over your GSi will be the mid range - the VXR produces full torque at less than 2000rpm, which makes overtaking very easy.

dv.

Comment

Hi mate welcome. Have you got any pics of your 3.2 Gsi??

Comment

Good move!

Drive it for 10,000 miles, then get a stage 1 remap....I highly recommend it.
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome,

As DV say's they should come with mats, mine did... :wink:

What spec did you go for?

Comment

i did the same move from a 3.2 gsi to a vxr and believe me there is a big difference between them. the vxr is a more hardcore machine and the noise it makes is beautiful. you think your gsi turns heads just wait till you get the vxr.

Comment

Welcome to the site.

Comment

Hi philip, my VXR came with floor mats front and rear already fitted so im assuming they still do. Strangely my previous car was also a 3.2 GSI but the vxr really does feel more hardcore. Unfortunetly mine is only the 255ps version so yours should be even better. 300bhp remap next month should start to dry away the tears!!

Comment

Welcome
                    sigpic
                    More than 34,900 viewings and counting
                    Click Here to.................
                    See My Wheels
                    See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

I should hardly think 0-60 in 6.3 (or 6.5 for the estate) produces tears - other than of joy!

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzy
                        I should hardly think 0-60 in 6.3 (or 6.5 for the estate) produces tears - other than of joy!
                        Are the any quicker estates for the money
                        sigpic
                        More than 34,900 viewings and counting
                        Click Here to.................
                        See My Wheels
                        See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

Hi Phil

Welcome to the site. I am new to all this like yourself and have found it a very friendly, informative site. Let me know what happens with the mats. My delivery date is 2nd April so it would be good to know.

Hope the car is everything you wished for when it arrives.

Kenny

Comment

Many thanks to you all for the very friendly welcome to the site!

I will let you know if it came with mats and of course what it's like compared to the 3.2 GSi!

By the way what is this remap thing you are talking about?? I have no idea what it means!

Stage 1 remap? And 300bhp remap next month?......it's all Dutch to me sorry!

Phil

Comment

By the way what is this remap thing you are talking about??
                              Basically for around £550 they plug a laptop into your car press enter and the ecu is reprogrammed with a better software which makes the car a lot quicker than standard...bhp goes up to around 300 but the torque hits around 480Nm which is what it's about, standard is 355Nm...2.8T engine is very good and can be made to produce even more but 300/480 is about as far as you want to go with front wheel drive.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X