This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air filter upgrade

Any body changed their air filter for a after market one ? if so whats recommended keeping the original air box not induction type kits.

K and N do one. Call Courtaneys they can order for you, got mine from there.

Comment

Will the K and N filter give any additional gains if ive already had the 300ps remap?

Comment

I would be very surprised to be honest possibly 5bhp but probably a bit better response.

Comment

I reckon you're just wasting money. The VXRPC recommended that I run a standard filter but change it often (300k or so) and at the price of a K&N these days that's around 10 or so standard filters....

Because the 2.8 sucks quite hard apparently some folk have been having problems with the upgraded filter oil being sucked into the air mass meter and killing it. Just my 2 pence.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by In a state
            I reckon you're just wasting money. The VXRPC recommended that I run a standard filter but change it often (300k or so) and at the price of a K&N these days that's around 10 or so standard filters....

Because the 2.8 sucks quite hard apparently some folk have been having problems with the upgraded filter oil being sucked into the air mass meter and killing it. Just my 2 pence.
            Can say I have had that prob but really worth a look at the wires.

Wot symptoms have they had, interesting to see.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts,heard the same about changing more often,

Comment

Sorry to disagree mate.

I have run K&N filters in every car/van for the last 20 years and experienced no problems. K&Ns come correctly oiled from the manufacturer and either the user over oils following a cleaning or it is a cheap K&N copy which often come with the oil running out.

I have run a K&N in VXR since new for 11000 miles and have had no issues. Follow the instructions in the box and there is no problems.

If you are running the car for large mileages it makes financial sense plus up to 5 bhp and better fuel economy.

Try it and see.

Comment

Working...
                X