X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traded the Vectra!!

I traded in the Vectra 4 weeks ago and bought this :-

Signum 3.0 V6 CDTi Elite, with factory upgrade 18" alloy wheels and front and rear parking sensors.

Here it is waiting to be valeted before delivery :-

Then as soon as I got it home, the 18's were binned for 19's....

The silver headlights were changed to SRi dark style....

The mirrors were next, Irmscher Chrome style, with the arms finished in the same black texture to finish it off.

Then last week, I added the VXR Style Line front spoiler and VXR colour coded V grill......

Then finally the Irmscher Rear Spoiler and DVD system went in....

Thats about it for the exterior, it is in now though having the inerior altered a bit and just waiting for my travel assist to go in. Thrilled to bits with it so far!!!!

Heres a few pics of the re-trim in progress.

It is only having the centres done with a little bit of different styling, but all in the Elite theme!!

Should look a little different, subtle but different!!!

This shows you the lighter colour grey that has been chosen.

Then, after a trip to Classic Car Services last night, well pleased with the finished result.

Not too in your face like the red was in the Vectra, but enough to enhance the Elite theme.

Also fitted the travel assist which also had the arm rest re-trimmed in leather.

As normal, opinions welcome!!
    Astra 1.9 CDTi SRi XP Sporthatch in White plus extra bits.
    Land Rover LR2 HSE

Nice
    sigpic
    More than 34,900 viewings and counting
    Click Here to.................
    See My Wheels
    See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

That looks really good...my missus is still moaning about me choppin' in our Signum for the Vectra...if she sees this I'm dead-meat!

Comment

Top marks for effort - looks really nice. I drove a Vectra with that engine in it, it was seriously underpowered. How do you feel about yours? Do you have any sort of Sport mode as this vectra didnt and I felt that weird?

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzy
          Top marks for effort - looks really nice. I drove a Vectra with that engine in it, it was seriously underpowered. How do you feel about yours? Do you have any sort of Sport mode as this vectra didnt and I felt that weird?
          The 3.0 CDTi is a weird beast, it never feels very quick, it just moves along at a pretty rapid rate with no fuss, it's only when you see the speedo you realise you are going quicker than you think.

The Vectra I traded in was the 150PS 1.9 CDTi with the VXRPC re-map and was no slouch with a proven 190PS and 308lb/ft and was not any quicker than the 3.0 in the real world (Signum is 200kg's heavier), although it did accelrate a little quicker, but was more frantic than the 3.0.

The Signum is a heavy bus but as I do 30,000 a year, I wanted something smooth and effortless on the motorway.

My brother in law has a Vectra VXR (255) and mid range acceleration the 3.0 CDTi is more than enough to worry it. The 3.0 CDTi will never be a big out right performance car, but it is probably the finest engine Vauxhall have for the job of high mileage motorway cruising.

The performance side does not worry me as I have a 270bhp Audi A3 2.0 Turbo, which is where I get my kicks :wink: !! I bought this as Vauxhall did not produce a 5dr Astra VXR, and to be honest now, (after having had a VXr for a short while) I would not swap it for an Astra VXR.
          Astra 1.9 CDTi SRi XP Sporthatch in White plus extra bits.
          Land Rover LR2 HSE

Comment

Working...
          X