X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of power !

Hi All,

Today it seemed to go quite wrong. Accelerating down carriageway, sport button on,50mph in 3rd, fine until...wham, significant loss of power, little yellow spanner and car light on dash between clocks appeared. Went home, slowly and became most miffed. Any ideas, ? Obviously i'll be having a trip to the Authorised Stealers on Monday, but ideas, thoughts welcome.

Regards

Daz

Vauxhall personalities! It happens although I couldnt say why. Bet it is not too major - dealer is he answer - warranty

Comment

Was it cold? Thats all I can think of. If it happens to me when cold it cuts the turbo for around 1 min then comes in again...

Comment

Hi Daz

This could be a week actuator, it happens after a period of time on some cars, but not all, it could also be a overboost spike when the engine is cold and the inlet charge is dense it can momenterly spike the boost control

Try disconnecting the Battery for 10 mins to reset the ecu

If no joy get the car read by a dealer then let me or Tony at VXRPC know the code

DAP

Comment

Happened to mine only last week....pushing hard in Sport.

Car sounded like it had a "flame out" surge, power died, rolled onto the hard shoulder and restarted everything was fine. Except for the light.

Disconnected the battery for a few hours and it was all fine.

Tested it next day against an M3 and it's going fine!
          sigpic

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies, car was warm, 6 miles from home,.i'll give the battery thing a try tomorrow morning, seems to be running ok, except without the power, no noise etc etc, had a good look around, to no avail. Will post the results tomorrow for those interested

Regards

Daz

Comment

Mine ran fine after I restarted although the spanner light was on and the sport button didn't appear to work.

After disconnecting the battery all was back to normal, including the sport button.

I might add that I'm running the 300 remap full time...even with sport off.
              sigpic

Comment

Hi,

For those of you in the know, it turns out its code PO234 Boost pressure sensor. Doesn't mean a lot to me but, hey, part ordered and to be done under warranty.

Regards

Daz

Comment

Hi all

2nd boost pressure sensor now fitted under warranty after another fault. Thought you'd all like to know. Seems to be a bit of a common problem

Regards

Daz

Comment

Well..Well, back in the stealers AGAIN same problem, another one bites the dust. The're getting in touch with the factory for some advice. Not too impressed i must admit

Daz

Comment

PM sent DT

Comment

share your thoughts sparky!!

Daz is your car mapped or standard??
                        HeavenlyDetail
                        Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
                        X