This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miltek Exhaust

I had an email today from John at Thorneymotorsport.
    Apparantly the Miltek for the Vectra 5 door is in production, he is going to come back to me regarding a price and specification.
    What is the general concenus, do people think it will be worth it?

Oh yes ... especially to get rid of those horrible bolt on things.
    sigpic

Comment

I probably need to see a picture of it first. I have to say I love the sound the current exhaust makes.
      Not only does the house vibrate when it is running outside, but this morning you could here it make the stuff on top of the TV buzz.

Comment

From the conversation I have had it may be a few pounds. I think what Miltek need to do is give the increase in overall exhaust performance. If its just the standards ends tthat displease then these can be changed for something different. It will benefit more if you intend on uppping the cars overall performance. I will probably be looking to get the exhaust but in honesty I am not expecting anything more than 8-10 bhp increase. I will be changing my ends for probably 2 x round or single round until I can get the Miltek.

Comment

As long as it gets rid of the resonance and boom of the hatch, then it will be worth it. Poor rear seat passangers.
          Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

Hatch is now done (just changing the tips) and the Estate is 99% there as well. Power gains still to be determined but we won't actually release any system unless we know it offers an improvement. I'll keep you posted as we progress. Zafira is next week now.

Comment

Originally posted by caspy
              As long as it gets rid of the resonance and boom of the hatch, then it will be worth it. Poor rear seat passangers.
              Thats proably what I am referring to in my post above. It is pretty constant when your driving as well.

Comment

I get the resonance below 2000rpm, but after that it disappears pretty well. Interesting to see how things get affected once I change the tailpipes for the Laser single round or whether it makes it worse. Allot of road noise buts expected on the 19's. However, still love the car to bits.

Comment

Working...
                X