This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust resonance

So I guess we all agree there is a slight amount of resosnace on the Vectra's exhaust. So I have tried a couple of different trim ends and the result is that after fitting a 114mm round Jetex/laser tail trim, the resonance is reduced by a large amount, espescially below 2,000rom.
    I personally think the single round is a little too large but if you didn't want to change the exhaust but get rid of the resonance then this is possible a way forward and make it look even more agressive on the rear then this is a possible way to go. The cost for the 2 units is £92 plus packaging. The Chrome is of good quality and the design inside is very nice .
    The Jetex units fits well over the end and does not interfere with exhaust flow. The standard pipe is 61mm diameter and the Jetex goes upto 64mm. The construction is insulated in the frame of the pipe and has absorbtion material behind the the metal mesh.
    Possibly worth a look.

Mark have you a picture?

Comment

Ahhh, I went and put the original back on, but I will them off and place the Laser one's on.

Comment

Here you go

Comment

They look a bit better than the last set you showed me...but I think I'll still hold outfor the millltek.
          sigpic

Comment

Mark,

Where di#d you get the jetex tips from? Have you tried any others? I have decided to change the tips and lower the car first, then get a remap and finally the milltek.

Thanks for your help.

John.

Comment

Tips are still in the garage boxed up. They where used only for a few days but decided they where too big more my taste. Win some loose some.

If you are intyerested they are on the Jetex.co.uk website

Comment

Yeah they looked like a couple of ICBM launchers! I have yet to see a Vectra with tailpipes I really liked, I'm still looking for ones to replace my Millteks.

Comment

Mark,

Are you interested in selling them? Can't get them anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystvxr
                    Yeah they looked like a couple of ICBM launchers! I have yet to see a Vectra with tailpipes I really liked, I'm still looking for ones to replace my Millteks.
                    How about these, I didn`t like the originals so changed them for 6x4 ovals ??

Comment

Originally posted by Bainie
                      Originally posted by Mystvxr
                      How about these, I didn`t like the originals so changed them for 6x4 ovals ??
                      Actually yeh I really like these, 6x4 Ovals would be perfect, I'd rather not have the center section though, I wonder how they would sound on my Milltek, so how much?

Comment

As it is only the tailpipes you are changing the sound would be the same, they are 6x4 ovals with a baffle and came from Powerflow, they were £130 fitted, welded straight onto the original rear boxes ... They sit very nicely in the cutouts ...

Comment

Originally posted by melrosej
                          Mark,

Are you interested in selling them? Can't get them anywhere.
                          Yep , pm'ed you

Comment

Found a better pic of one, shows the slash cut on them more ...

Comment

I still those Bainie they do set it off well.

Comment

Working...
                              X