X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVO Group Test this month

FQ320 vs BMW 330M vs Impreza STi vs Vectra VXR
    'The Vectra VXR is splitting the two hardest,most outrageous rally wannabes right down the middle. And despite significant hp advantages , not to mention the benefit of 2 extra driven wheels each theres nothing they can do about it.'
    ',,,through very quick corners the STi looks like its struggling to keep up'
    'The VXR really delivers . Its an exploitable composed and exciting car to hustle'
    Evo FQ wins but its fair to say they are shocked at how well the Vectra performs.
    Stu

impressive

Comment

hehehe
      sigpic

Comment

Excellent. So do we assume that the Vectra came 2nd?
        Autocar have given it 3 stars in this weeks magazine. Again they are whining about the sport button (which I don't agree with). Also I would have sworn that the torque figures for the Vectra were 355 lb ft. They are stating only 262.

Comment

The 355 is ""nm " not "lb ft"
          I just love the pics of it cornering , the rear looks like it really digging in. Its not even becuase its oversteering as the front wheels are still pointing in the direction of travel. Very good write up.

Comment

EVO seem to be bucking the trend re.vauxhalls....their long term test of the Vccy B Gsi Estate was one of the reasons I bought one...but I beat them to it this time.
            I wonder how much camera get Metcalfe could get in the VXR Est now? :wink:
            sigpic

Comment

I have to say in my opinion the Vectra VXR is the best in the VXR range. Apart from the Monaro of course :wink:
              Astra 1.9 CDTi SRi XP Sporthatch in White plus extra bits.
              Land Rover LR2 HSE

Comment

Please Please Please can someone tell me if the VXR came 2nd???? Also where did the BMW rank?
                Sorry but I sooooo want to know.

Comment

No it came third, beaten by the Evo and 3 series[/code]

Comment

Originally posted by Zafira VXR
                    I have to say in my opinion the Vectra VXR is the best in the VXR range. Apart from the Monaro of course :wink:
                    Now there is a quandry. I drive a Vxr Monaro, enhanced in many ways. But took the Astra VXR home again last night. WOW. I really wouldn't be able to choose between the two for a fun run. The Vectra, for me, just isnt as involving.
                    But the Astra just engages you like no other car i have driven, it has a visual purpose, hooligan element at the push of a button but can then be 'just another ordinary hatch' if you ask of it. Whoooosh, Bang exhaust. Silly silly tail out handling.
                    It really is the best kept secret that VX have, and hides behind the bigger VXR stuff.
                    And then it is half the price of my Monaro. Case closed!!
                    Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

Have to say my opinion it is completely the opposite. I love the Vectra, the Astra is excellent car and great as a toy for weekends, but living with it on a daya to day its not for me. Change the FD on the Vectra and all will change, the vectra will become more aggressivea and eager, but still have its cool manners. I love the feel of the Astra ,but there again the IDS/CDC does take some away on the Vectra. A move to a set of 18 on toyo rubber I think would make all the difference. The feeling on the Vectra is that on 19 the car could go way wards but in practise never does. The engine in all ways is far nicer to rev than the Astra's, its smooth and silky and never feels
                      Love the Astra allot as a fun car but the Vectra still does it for me.

Comment

Wonder if the EVO guys would have considered the 18"'s?
                        sigpic

Comment

..oh and I also noticed the Vectra had a chrome strip around the lower side of the grill...that's not standard now is it?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by In a state
                            ..oh and I also noticed the Vectra had a chrome strip around the lower side of the grill...that's not standard now is it?
                            yep it is. The supplier of that piece cannot produce the part as we want it so its been decided to go back to chrome.
                            Stu

Comment

Originally posted by the vxr mothership
                              Originally posted by In a state
                              yep it is. The supplier of that piece cannot produce the part as we want it so its been decided to go back to chrome.
                              Stu
                              What chrome strip? I don't have one

Comment

Working...
                              X