X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gt35 HTA

Howdy guys,

Maybe 1 for sparky or alex fi,

Im interested too know if this new turbo unit is a worthwhile investment? Not only that but will it fit onto the vectra? I know they are more than capable of 700 bhp so its defo powerfull enough but was just wondering if its any use for higher tuning? If not is there any other options out there for the vec?

Many thanks

Stewart
    sigpic

Bump
    sigpic

Comment

I will have to look at later. Have other bits to deal with at moment. Can you get a pic for me and PM.

Comment

First thing would be to determine how you would fit it Manifolds would need changing so that they met together with the appropriate flange fitment onto the turbo exhaust housing. Then you would need to consider whether there is space to fit it.

Ignoring these issues though, you would really want to have a look at the compressor map for the turbo to work out how effective it is going to be on this engine. You may find that due to the enlarged exhaust housing that the turbo would require much longer to spool up, and you may not make effective boost until your above 3500RPM.

I'll see if I can find the compressor map for it and go from there, however as said you first need to figure out how you would get the two exhaust banks to mate up with it

Comment

cool guys, iv just been looking into it and im not sure it will actually work with the vectra, back to the drawing board i think, would love for an aftermarket turbo or something capable of further tuning, maybe its an impossible task, unless the insignia turbo is the route too go down
          sigpic

Comment

The insignia unit is the simplest and easiest route as it will match up to the exhaust manifolds and fitment in the bay will not be an issue - plus gains will be guaranteed up to 340+ with the correct cooling modifications and map

Other turbo units really rely on manifolds being done first

Comment

excellent alex, il look ino getting an insignia 1 then, is it just a case of bolting it on then getting the car mapped again? will i now need too look into gearbox and clutch
              sigpic

Comment

Fitment should be that straightfoward as the engine layout is the same, however this is assuming none of the coolant lines have been moved or relocated.

In principal, should be a case of swapping and then having the map adjusted for the turbo

Gearbox and clutch should be ok, as you would just limit the torque and increase the bhp

Comment

excellent news alex, il get on it immediatly, try and source a turbo,
                  sigpic

Comment

The return to the expansion tank has been altered a bit, but either a length of pipe or transfer the return pipe from the old turbo to the new one. Confirmation on the inlet pipe should be made as well, as it looks the same but may be slightly larger, although a new inlet may need to be made to assist
                    Last edited by Sparky; 29 September 2009, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Something that is being played with. There will be more heatshielding before its up and running..
                      sigpic
                      29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

Comment

GT35 is a superb unit if you want a big power motor but Alex has already listed the potential issues with this. Most of the big power jap cars have manifolds and kits that utilise this turbo (theres a DC2 running one over here).

Makes the car quite laggy (this is when its on a stroker'd evo btw). You cant drive around and have a quick blip of the throttle - its either all out attack or cruising.

Comment

Originally posted by andy_gdon View Post
                          GT35 is a superb unit if you want a big power motor but Alex has already listed the potential issues with this. Most of the big power jap cars have manifolds and kits that utilise this turbo (theres a DC2 running one over here).

Makes the car quite laggy (this is when its on a stroker'd evo btw). You cant drive around and have a quick blip of the throttle - its either all out attack or cruising.
                          It will be intresting to see how this responds when mated to a 2.8 litre engine, however for this project spool up is not an issue.
                          sigpic
                          29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

Comment

I'm running this unit on my pulsar gtir.
                            I have been thinking of upping to the gt40/88 unit.

Comment

Originally posted by A11VXL View Post
                              It will be intresting to see how this responds when mated to a 2.8 litre engine, however for this project spool up is not an issue.
                              Hope it comes with a bunny filter to stop them being sucked up off the roadside

Be interesting to see what sort of power this can make on the 2.8

Comment

Working...
                              X